Sign in to follow this  
SMS

The definitive book of Montreal buses is now out

The STM issued a press release yesterday for the opening of the Boutique STM in French only here: http://stm.info/en/press/press-releases/2019/100-ans-de-bus-a-montreal----un-livre--un-balado--une-boutique-et-des-portes-ouvertes---french-only-

Very soon, the book will be available for sale online through the website. I looked a few minutes ago, but it was a dead link. One of the authors will inform me which select bookstores will carry the publication, as I want my alma mater McGill to have a copy. 

Here are the details of the book...

Authors: Benoît Clairoux, Jaysen Constantineau, Robert Lacombe, Jean-François Lacourse

Title: 100 ans de bus à Montréal

ISBN: 978-2-9804700-1-1

Published in Montreal by Regroupement loisir et sport du Québec, 2019.

Do not be intimidated that the book was only published in French. It is 500 pages long and has 1400 photos and illustrations.

• Like 2

That is great news. I strongly suggest purchase soon. 2000 hard cover copies were printed and there is enough demand by drivers at each garage for the first printing to sell out.

Benoît confirmed to me that other select book stores will carry the publication. Boutique STM will not have a monopoly on this! The various "amical" at garages will also offer the book to interested STM employees.

10 hours ago, webfil said:

They had less than 500 copies available online.

image.thumb.png.f831d8c79a924dd38e151842efa2fb72.png

Lots were sold during the launch of the book (which coincided with the launch of the physical store of the Boutique STM). This was only the first batch, more will be coming once printed. Interesting story, the books only arrived 1 hour before the launch party, there was worry that they would not get there in time!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 3:29 PM, webfil said:

They had less than 500 copies available online.

image.thumb.png.f831d8c79a924dd38e151842efa2fb72.png

Now down to 412.

My contact at McGill University Library is strongly considering its purchase at my behest!