Sign in to follow this  
bus is coming 1965

New Articulated Bus watch

When the ETS D60LFs are all retired that would make St. Albert Transit's D60LFs the oldest artics in the Canada right?

Are the 2001 St. Albert D60LFs up for retirement soon too? I doubt the 2006s are retiring any time soon as they are only 13 years old.

48 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

When the ETS D60LFs are all retired that would make St. Albert Transit's D60LFs the oldest artics in the Canada right?

Are the 2001 St. Albert D60LFs up for retirement soon too? I doubt the 2006s are retiring any time soon as they are only 13 years old.

Some of St. Albert’s D60LF’s are already retired according to the wiki, but not all of them. If there are any left when the ETS units retire, then the St. Albert Buses will be the oldest.

5 minutes ago, Nico Sander said:

Some of St. Albert’s D60LF’s are already retired according to the wiki, but not all of them. If there are any left when the ETS units retire, then the St. Albert Buses will be the oldest.

Just checked the wiki again. #810 is the only D60LF retired. I’m assuming they’ll outlast ETS #4900-4912 though, but we can’t be too certain. Just a waiting game, I guess 😃

We figure there's 3 new artics coming for St. Albert based upon the tender award amount and the average cost of a XD60.

There's a possibility of an electric artic or two, but, I don't believe that tender was awarded.

12 hours ago, Nico Sander said:

Just checked the wiki again. #810 is the only D60LF retired. I’m assuming they’ll outlast ETS #4900-4912 though, but we can’t be too certain. Just a waiting game, I guess 😃

Heh, curious about the source of that news as that is the first I've heard of it! Nonetheless it doesn't surprise me...

On a related note (seeing as we are already somewhat off topic hehehe), the wiki also lists those buses as having Detroit Diesel Series 50 EGR's... as far as I know they are just standard S50's no?

3 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

A friend of mine posted a video of 4933 on Youtube. 

Judge by it's sound I say it has an Allison B500R transmission as opposed to the Voith on the D60LFRs. Also I can see that the seats are blue American Vision like OC Transpo's D60LFRs.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Also I can see that the seats are blue American Vision like OC Transpo's D60LFRs.

No sir. ETS pattern fabric, so not quite like OC Transpo's.

7 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

No sir. ETS pattern fabric, so not quite like OC Transpo's.

Thank god, I thought it was gonna be like the stupid plastic seats on the 7000s

4938 entered service yesterday, rode it this morning. 

4906 changed off for 4934. I believe that is the first time an XD has escaped on the midday WW 15.