New Articulated Bus watch

11 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Wonder what fleet numbers they will use? 8000s? Or continue with 4933 and up? 

My guess is 4900's as the order should only be for around 23 buses (replacement of older units as well as expansion for the new Heritage Valley Park N' Ride) ;)

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

That was quick. Considering how long it took XD40's (either batch) to enter service. 

Was informed by another operator. Checked Transit55 and sure enough.

On another note, I am being fed the VIN info to fill in wiki, and this photo was sent to me. Apparently this and one other unit so far have had this on the rear. See if you can spot it!

F7604AF4-CF0D-4E6A-BFE2-0BFCBEB486BF.jpeg

18 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

We'll see if that lasts. 4875 had the "N" inside but lost it, however, the newest DATS units retained it. 

18 minutes ago, Nico Sander said:

It has the N prefix on the fleet number? Sorry about the late response, both Martin and I posted at the same time xD

Ive been told 4943 has N4943 on the rear also

1 hour ago, M. Parsons said:

We'll see if that lasts. 4875 had the "N" inside but lost it, however, the newest DATS units retained it. 

My guess is it disappears seeing as 4933 has already been spotted without it. Definitely interesting that it made it onto the exterior decals!

4875 with the N... note the missing camera to match. I don't believe it ever made it into regular service with the N intact.

N4875ifn.thumb.JPG.ea36b93d8fbde0253c7f4603abafe9e2.JPG

ets4875-1.jpgets4875-2.jpg

The City of Edmonton adds letter prefixes to a bunch of their vehicles, some even representing the year. For instance, fire trucks have the F prefix while transit buses get the N prefix in most cases, although they’re mostly removed from buses before entering service with the exception of the newer DATS buses for some reason. As for the D60LF’s, yes. These buses are replacing them.

It's a part of the City of Edmonton fleet numbering scheme. Everything single transit bus falls into the N series... so 4046 was N4046, 7109 is N7109 on paper anyways. Most times the letters indicate years. Transit and Fire are the exception with buses getting the N series and fire equipment getting the F series. 

Like transit, it has been rare to find fire equipment with the F prefix but it has happened.

I'm REALLY curious if this applies to the historic fleet. That's one thing I don't know. 

LRT is separate, so, 1001 is not N1001 to the best of my knowledge.

More details here: http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/lrt/COEnumbering.html

On 11/28/2019 at 11:04 AM, Enviro_1203 said:

According to this, there is 35 units coming, unless someone else tagged onto the order.

DD4D865E-849E-4C82-B4E2-C10B3EE23019.jpeg

It seems ETS did exercise options. Tender was for 23 with with 6 option years, but only the second year had a quantity and that was 13 units. I speculated at the time that since the tender was so far behind (should have been issued back in 2017, wasn't issued until August 2018) that we would see a lump delivery of the 2018 order, and the first option year. Apparently the option was reduced to 12 buses since all options would have been 36 units, but we're only get 35. Of course, the XD40 procurement was behind and we ended up with 2 years of buses all in one shot. 

It will be interesting to see what the plans are for the 12 option buses, and even getting more use out of the D60LFR's. Presently, only 5 D60LFR's see all day service. All other runs are M-F peak only.

4934 is in service now, 1 week after 4933.

• Like 2