Sign in to follow this  
T6H-5307N

Transit in Australia

Nice photos! Would love to know how it is fanning there. I would like to visit a couple cities in Australia and New Zealand myself sometime in the future.

Metro Trains Melbourne is a transit agency with a sense of humour.  Here is a video from one of their public safety campaigns:

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2019 at 12:40 PM, MVTArider said:

Nice photos! Would love to know how it is fanning there. I would like to visit a couple cities in Australia and New Zealand myself sometime in the future.

Thanks! I added some bus photos and I will have a section for Sydney up next.

It is definitely worth checking out; everyone was pretty friendly (no awkward questions about photos) and it always helps when it is an English-speaking country! Keep an eye out for flight deals. A round trip flight from Edmonton to Melbourne was less than $800 PP, but my wife and I had to buy the tickets around 10 months in advance.

• Like 1

Off topic, but I’m honestly curious. Was that 800$ reservation refundable at all? A lot can happen in 10 months.

18 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Off topic, but I’m honestly curious. Was that 800$ reservation refundable at all? A lot can happen in 10 months.

No it was pretty much an all or nothing deal ;)

On 9/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, T6H-5307N said:

Thanks! I added some bus photos and I will have a section for Sydney up next.

It is definitely worth checking out; everyone was pretty friendly (no awkward questions about photos) and it always helps when it is an English-speaking country! Keep an eye out for flight deals. A round trip flight from Edmonton to Melbourne was less than $800 PP, but my wife and I had to buy the tickets around 10 months in advance.

Thanks for the feedback! Book 10 months out, wow, good to know. If I do go someday I'm planning to do it for at least 3 weeks, ideally a month. I'd want travel insurance anyways for that sort of investment so that would at least cover me if something came up after 8 months or something.