STO_1601

Where do you usually sit on the bus?

I normally sit in the back, sometimes I sit in the joint of an artic, and I rarely sit in the priority seats.

Lately? The seat across from the rear door, immediately ahead of the high-floor section.

On an artic, I sit above the centre axel, just before the articulation.

My all-time favourite? This seat on an Xcelcior:

IMG_20181104_180604964.thumb.jpg.955df2ae0a656c3e5063bad6b8b90348.jpg

I always sit at the very back of the bus if it's an artic or 40 foot bus or sometimes in the priority seating area or close to it.

If it's a double decker, I sit at the front of the top deck.

For me, it depends. I typically keep to the front so I can get a good view of the instrument panel (the seat behind the driver on a Nova LFS is perfect for that!) but sometimes I find a seat in the rear, especially if it's a new vehicle and I want to hear how it sounds and how noisy it is.

1 hour ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

If it's a double decker, I sit at the front of the top deck.

Forgot to mention, I like to sit in the front in the upper deck too. You get a great view of the city from up there!

Depends. On a double decker, mostly the front row seats, preferably on the driver side. On a single decker, usually the rear window seats on the driver side so more of the road can be seen. On a single deck motorcoach, almost always the front row seats on the passenger side.

On a low floor bus, I usually sit in the lower section about 1/3 of the way back on the driver's side, between the courtesy seats and the exit doors.  On high-floor buses, coaches and double deckers, I prefer to sit on the curb side in the same area, about 1/3 of the way back, and on the upper deck if the bus is a double decker.

I always try to find forward- or rear-facing seats, because even normal accelerating and braking does a number on my back in aisle-facing seats. :wacko:

I usually try to sit at the very back or in the rear section of a bus unless it's a double decker, in which case I usually sit at the front on the upper floor, or if it's a Nova, where the back row of seats becomes way too warm after a while.

Depends.  When I'm recording vehicles or am just in the mood to hear some engine noises I prefer to sit in the back.  For all other purposes I sit in the side facing seats at the very front of the bus.

On community shuttle buses, I also prefer to sit in the very front, mostly because of the amazing legroom.

In the very front, got a seat all to myself that reclines and everything 🤣

• Haha 2