STO_1601

Incandescent traffic lights still remaining in Ottawa

11 hours ago, STO_1601 said:
13 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Already reported back in July. B)

Sorry about that, @Loud-Invero needs to either create a spreadsheet

I have the spread sheet, I just need to post it and update it.

Also, I can confirm that the incandescents along Eagleson are no more. I rode the 164 from Tunney's Pasture to Eagleson/Micheal Cowpland

Tremblay Station has some incandescent traffic lights including a self standing 8-8-8 light, not very many of those!

Also, that 8-8-8 is still there on Bronson, however its top shield for the red light got damaged, possibly from construction.

The left square 12-12-12 (3M) at dominion station is now LED

2 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Scott Street and Lanark Avenue:

I could have sworn those were converted to LED as I have been around there when that fatal bus crash occurred, not to mention I've rode the 16, 5081 and 153 along/near Scott. I'll confirm tomorrow after I'm done my overnight shift as Route 50 is nearby and will be running on Saturday.

19 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Scott Street and Lanark Avenue:

She's still active!

DSC00985.JPG

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

Please delete; already reported. :rolleyes:

What intersection was it?

16 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

Bronson and Albert.  I spotted them yesterday but @Loud-Invero reported them in June.

What's special about that one it that it has one of the few aluminum 12-8-12s left in the city.

• Thanks 1

A bunch of Incandescents along Montreal Road. Those lights Tom mentioned near/on City Park are still there (the ped signals at the apartment complex and at Montreal/City Park). Look at what I found! I forget where exactly, but it's right beside Ultramart/Circle K on Montreal Road before Notre-Dame Cemetery (towards Blair) and can be accessed via Routes 12 and 15.

DSC01120.JPG

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

A bunch of Incandescents along Montreal Road. Those lights Tom mentioned near/on City Park are still there (the ped signals at the apartment complex and at Montreal/City Park). Look at what I found! I forget where exactly, but it's right beside Ultramart/Circle K on Montreal Road before Notre-Dame Cemetery (towards Blair) and can be accessed via Routes 12 and 15.

DSC01120.JPG

If memory serves me correctly. I think there was also a silver pedestrian button at Queensview/Pinecrest, but I'm not sure if it's still there.

On 9/12/2019 at 4:24 AM, Loud-Invero said:

Not a spotting, but I wanted to post it here so it can be seen. Here is an animated Incandescent Ped signal that I made. What do you guys think? I can give the templates if you like to create your own.

ezgif-2-3ed0c0a22d8d.gifezgif-2-24e8bc523d19.thumb.gif.2f2f52aae79e33a3f585625e0637b7ec.gif

Can you send the template over? Wouldn’t mind trying it out. Do you have any others?

On 9/23/2019 at 11:55 PM, STO_1601 said:

Does anyone where the last rapidly flashing hand was and when did it get replaced?

All hand signals today flash slowly.

I remember one at Eagleson / Hazeldean Mall in Kanata until maybe 2015/2016 (not sure exactly when they changed it), until they changed the speeds to match the other lights in Ottawa.

Here is a photo from last weekend of the old incandescent that still lives (for now) at Bronson/417. If I remember correctly, all of the other signals have been replaced with new LEDs.

000BEBBC-D4D7-47BD-A284-1C49644CB22F.thumb.jpeg.8ce1817ea75f1679791f87b223e35b19.jpeg

(Don’t worry, I wasn’t driving) 

8 hours ago, Charlie said:

Here is a photo from last weekend of the old incandescent that still lives (for now) at Bronson/417. If I remember correctly, all of the other signals have been replaced with new LEDs.

000BEBBC-D4D7-47BD-A284-1C49644CB22F.thumb.jpeg.8ce1817ea75f1679791f87b223e35b19.jpeg

(Don’t worry, I wasn’t driving) 

It's still there, however the top shield (for the red light) is damaged because of construction.