Came across a compilation of some old Nintendo commercials on YouTube and the first two were shot on a high-floor bus of some sort. I believe it's an Orion V based on google images of various bus interiors (mostly from the rear window and some dividers at the front), but I'm not entirely sure since buses are built to individual agency specifications. Can anyone identify the bus and possibly its original owner/operator (possibly one from the Seattle area)?

Based on my 20 minute research, it's a Ex. Everett Transit 1992/96 Orion V. I can't tell what fleet number it is (Between B0103-B0105 or B0108-B0110, [all three show listed as sold on publicsurplus.com, yet the auctions are still going on] and the older ones [103-105 are showed as auctioned off in 2013]). Some signs that prove my theory: Seat backs are the exact same as Everett Transit's Orion Vs, the door dividers are the same color, the stickers on the front near the roof are similar to Everett Transit's Vs. The scene showing the rear of the bus also has some clues. The black box for the rear destination number sign is visible, and we can count the screws near the top of the window to be 5. if we look closely at image 3, we can see 5 screws near the top, and the black box. Right now i'm leaning towards the newer bunch purely because the 20th anniversary of SSBs was earlier this year. That's the best I can do right now. Hope this helps.

IMAGES (NOT MINE):

Image 1: B0104 (103-105 series V):

9057056301_f5b70279ed_b.thumb.jpg.3f18d4d3788b3473736e54d83903fa83.jpg

Image 2: Closeup of B0104 rear:

9059289824_728a83a9d8_b.thumb.jpg.c2b5e047da22b0647c950b7125149ced.jpg

Image 3: Rear of B0104:

9057067099_6fb69a4634_b.thumb.jpg.2cd5fab8138696129de69a0c402007ce.jpg

11 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Based on my 20 minute research, it's a Ex. Everett Transit 1992/96 Orion V. I can't tell what fleet number it is (Between B0103-B0105 or B0108-B0110, [all three show listed as sold on publicsurplus.com, yet the auctions are still going on] and the older ones [103-105 are showed as auctioned off in 2013]). Some signs that prove my theory: Seat backs are the exact same as Everett Transit's Orion Vs, the door dividers are the same color, the stickers on the front near the roof are similar to Everett Transit's Vs. The scene showing the rear of the bus also has some clues. The black box for the rear destination number sign is visible, and we can count the screws near the top of the window to be 5. if we look closely at image 3, we can see 5 screws near the top, and the black box. Right now i'm leaning towards the newer bunch purely because the 20th anniversary of SSBs was earlier this year. That's the best I can do right now. Hope this helps.

IMAGES (NOT MINE):

Image 1: B0104 (103-105 series V):

9057056301_f5b70279ed_b.thumb.jpg.3f18d4d3788b3473736e54d83903fa83.jpg

Image 2: Closeup of B0104 rear:

9059289824_728a83a9d8_b.thumb.jpg.c2b5e047da22b0647c950b7125149ced.jpg

Image 3: Rear of B0104:

9057067099_6fb69a4634_b.thumb.jpg.2cd5fab8138696129de69a0c402007ce.jpg

If this is what is, then my guess was correct. If the sound of the bus engine in the commercial is a recording of the actual bus, it would probably be a '92 because it sounds like a two-stroke. Likely one owned by a movie vehicle rental company. Also, the commercial is from 2014.

Alright, here's another bus that needs to be identified. It was posted in one of the Toronto car spotting groups in which the photographer asked for it to be identified. He agreed to let me post it here.

FB_IMG_1561578569677.jpg

3 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Alright, here's another bus that needs to be identified. It was posted in one of the Toronto car spotting groups in which the photographer asked for it to be identified. He agreed to let me post it here.

FB_IMG_1561578569677.jpg

Not sure of the exact model, but chance amusements marketed them.

3 hours ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

What about Medicine Hat Transit 714?

mht_714.jpg

I think it's either a Superior, a Champion or a Coachmen on what appears to be an old Dodge chassis. I may be wrong.

7 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Not sure of the exact model, but chance amusements marketed them.

Google tells me it's either an RT-50 or RT-52

I have one that is completely throwing me for a loop. 

I came across an old picture on Flickr of a Blue Bird bus that was operated by my local transit agency. But the bus in question is the coach sitting next to it. My first thought is that it is an old Neoplan model considering the styling, but I don't know much about coaches. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this. 

*Photo credit to gg1electrice60 of Flickr. Photo sourced & linked from Flickr

Old Buses

• Like 1

8 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Maybe a Den Oudsten ?

normal_m_2123.jpg

Den Oudsten buses were never sold in Canada or the US so probably not. The test units used by NFI and Nova were either sent back to Europe or disposed of, while D40LFs and LFSs aren't Den Oudstens...

10 hours ago, alexb320 said:

I have one that is completely throwing me for a loop. 

I came across an old picture on Flickr of a Blue Bird bus that was operated by my local transit agency. But the bus in question is the coach sitting next to it. My first thought is that it is an old Neoplan model considering the styling, but I don't know much about coaches. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this. 

*Photo credit to gg1electrice60 of Flickr. Photo sourced & linked from Flickr

Old Buses

Identified (click pic to go to Flickr post):

Cametal,  Mears Motor Coaches, Orlando

I believe it's a CX40 model. Yellow paint and "Orlando" text hinted that it's an ex-Mears unit and the styling is unmistakably South American.

Edit: Wiki confirms the model; it's a 1990.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Mears_Transportation

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, cool, nice identification work!

While reading a bit further about those coaches, came across this photo of the shorter model too (Flickr photo):

Cametal

Cametal

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, A. Wong said:

Wow, cool, nice identification work!

While reading a bit further about those coaches, came across this photo of the shorter model too (Flickr photo):

Cametal

Cametal

They made them in at least 35' and 45' lengths. They seemed to be somewhat popular in Florida back when they were current (1987-1995 was the production year range).

Edit: now that I examine these pics of the shorter buses a bit more closely, they appear to have been under the same operator as the 45' units above.

On 7/14/2019 at 5:01 AM, Community Shuttle said:

They made them in at least 35' and 45' lengths. They seemed to be somewhat popular in Florida back when they were current (1987-1995 was the production year range).

Edit: now that I examine these pics of the shorter buses a bit more closely, they appear to have been under the same operator as the 45' units above.

Mears is a significantly large contract operator - they own and oeprate all of the Disney Magical Express and Cruise Line buses in Orlando, as well as other contracts.

• Thanks 1

Found this but can’t seem to figure out what it was. At first I thought it was a BYD but I can’t find any pics of it online some idek anymore

38-pass-1.jpg

Stupid me. Just found out it was a Temsa TS30

Edited by Thomasw

21 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Found this but can’t seem to figure out what it was. At first I thought it was a BYD but I can’t find any pics of it online some idek anymore

38-pass-1.jpg

Stupid me. Just found out it was a Temsa TS30

Yup! They facelifted it too so the newer ones look a bit different.

• Thanks 1

Can someone help me identify what kind of body this bus is sporting. I spend the last hour looking it up to no avail.

5FCEF270-0CDA-4070-B418-2F896265F2B5.thumb.jpeg.3d877136f7402ccd41090f181086089b.jpeg

photo credits go to the bluestarcoachlines instagram page

9 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Can someone help me identify what kind of body this bus is sporting. I spend the last hour looking it up to no avail.

5FCEF270-0CDA-4070-B418-2F896265F2B5.thumb.jpeg.3d877136f7402ccd41090f181086089b.jpeg

photo credits go to the bluestarcoachlines instagram page

Looks like a Turtle Top

1 hour ago, Community Shuttle said:

Looks like a Turtle Top

That’s odd because on the Freightliner S2 wiki page it doesn’t say anything about it being built on a Turtle Top

4 hours ago, Thomasw said:

That’s odd because on the Freightliner S2 wiki page it doesn’t say anything about it being built on a Turtle Top

It does look like a turtle top body I've seen on GM and Ford platforms...

• Like 1