What bus is this?

Community Shuttle

6 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Badge on left rear door indicates this unit was originally sold or leased by Dynamic Specialty Vehicles, while outlines of a unit number suggest it was a BC Transit/TransLink unit.

Neither the MB-II, the MB-IV or the Futura had double-tapered front overcab. Nor did it have tapered rear fender. Nor square taillights.

This is most likely a Startrans/Supreme Senator.

9 hours ago, webfil said:

Neither the MB-II, the MB-IV or the Futura had double-tapered front overcab. Nor did it have tapered rear fender. Nor square taillights.

This is most likely a Startrans/Supreme Senator.

Hmmm… were those the only models produced by Girardin in 1996? My only theory to explain this, if it isn't anything else they built, was that the bus originally had a different rear door or none, and the rear door was taken from a salvage/scrap handydart and grafted on which may also explain why it's held on with many bolts (first time ever seeing this on a bus). Actually read the ad description and it didn't mention transit anywhere. What a mystery.

5 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Hmmm… were those the only models produced by Girardin in 1996?

Aside the G5, those are the only mini models ever made since the early 1990. Even if it has been "handicrafted" or retrofitted with different rear door, the whole shell is not Girardin-made.

Here is Dupont/Tours du Vieux-Québec 311, a Startrans WHA35762 according to Jean Breton. It is pretty much the same model, only a bit shorter (762 stands for 762 centimetres long).

• Thanks 1

• Board Admin
On 11/26/2019 at 10:57 PM, Community Shuttle said:

Can someone identify this Girardin model I found on Facebook Marketplace?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2321182064765042/

I would say it is a Goshen Coach GC-II. The earlier models did have those square taillights, for example Calgary Transit: http://www.kevinsbusrail.com/calgary_transit_shuttle_gc-ii97.html and the body / windows match.

As others have mentioned, the rear doors might be retrofitted from a TransLink Girardin unit.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 5:00 PM, Trimetwes Fan1003 said:

what bus is this?

IMG_0007.JPG

Wow!  I'm impressed with that photo.  Is that bus still around?

I'm thinking it's rare to actually see one of the very first series of an "old look" Yellow Coach. 

Those more into history can correct me, but I believe that the 1940 to about 1942 Yellows --this was when Yellow was partially owned by GM-- had flat windshields on the 4502(?) models and not the traditional "inset" ones that we normally see built after GM completely took over Yellow around 1942 or 43 or so.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 8:00 PM, Trimetwes Fan1003 said:

what bus is this?

IMG_0007.JPG

On 1/12/2020 at 2:46 PM, roamer said:

I'm thinking it's rare to actually see one of the very first series of an "old look" Yellow Coach. 

Those more into history can correct me, but I believe that the 1940 to about 1942 Yellows --this was when Yellow was partially owned by GM-- had flat windshields on the 4502(?) models and not the traditional "inset" ones that we normally see built after GM completely took over Yellow around 1942 or 43 or so.

Sad to say that that bus is not a Yellow Coach--the side windows, headlamps and Thermomatic intake are all wrong for the era.  My guess is that it is a 1950s TDH-4509 or TDH-4512 in which the owner has replaced the original slanted windshield with a flat one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Sad to say that that bus is not a Yellow Coach--the side windows, headlamps and Thermomatic intake are all wrong for the era.  My guess is that it is a 1950s TDH-4509 or TDH-4512 in which the owner has replaced the original slanted windshield with a flat one.

Thanks, Tom!  I was hoping that somebody such as yourself would step in to correct me as I was just guessing based on my limited knowledge of bus history.  

I was just focused on that windshield but had I done further research before posting, I would have been able to see the characteristics you mention like the "the side windows, headlamps and Thermomatic intake" are wrong.  I just now searched for a 1940 Yellow Coach TD4502 and now I see what you've pointed out  ...here's two restored Los Angeles Yellow Coach DT4502s I just pulled up and I now see what you're saying: --examples one, two

Thanks! 

• Like 2

2003-2007 Ford E450 XLT with Eldorado Aerotech, white steel wheels, and LED destination sign displaying an illegible message. No numbers and no livery or discernible signs of one. Spotted on Google Street View at a facility of Western Canada Remarketing, an auctioneer based in Delta, BC. Definitely not an ex-TransLink unit, although this auctioneer does sell TransLink buses. Any idea where this could have come from?

Screenshot_20200119-234919_Maps.jpg

On 1/12/2020 at 11:46 AM, roamer said:

I saw at Fred Meyer one day. Never saw again it since. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Trimetwes Fan1003 said:

A Gillig. Gmaps blurred out the unit number and moving the camera makes it disappear so I'm not sure which unit it is.

Screenshot_20200221-005846_Maps.jpg

5 hours ago, roamer said:

Why am I seeing a different image than the one Community Shuttle is showing?  I'm seeing a white coach with a what appears to be red stripe through its belt-line that's partially hidden by some trees.

I see what you were looking at now. It's a Blue Bird ambulance bus, although I'm not sure who the operator is. Has a solid red cross on it. Perhaps someone in the emergency vehicle discussion can identify the operator.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, bnsf27 said:

Looks like a Blue Bird All American A3FE. I'm not sure on the operator though.

Probably American Red Cross or similar mobile blood drive lab, looks very similar to units they have run around here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MVTArider said:

Probably American Red Cross or similar mobile blood drive lab, looks very similar to units they have run around here.

Oh yeah. Looks like an American Red Cross bus, similar to the one in this picture, which I found on Google.

31150792166_9182ccdc52_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 8:13 PM, alexb320 said:

Anyone know what model this is? There's no description and its not a school bus.  https://www.proxibid.com/School-Bus/lotInformation/53729119#topoflot

12 hours ago, CATMAN MEDIA GROUP said:

Looks Like A GM. Not A Fishbowl. It's Possible That Its A 1950's GM. With Some Modifications.

Actually, it's a Ford Marmon-Herrington 8MB.  They only appear to have been built in 1948, and they carried either Marmon-Herrington or Ford branding:

476256ac2f4f55a9246302ccc9a1186f.jpg

39567667720_5353c6d9c4_b.jpg

476256ac2f4f55a9246302ccc9a1186f.thumb.jpg.13901b438b9117c20b8e78e369ddb867.jpg39567667720_5353c6d9c4_b.thumb.jpg.580de8ccaf4b5696749542f89a5115c8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, Community Shuttle said:

Alright, here's another bus that needs to be identified. It was posted in one of the Toronto car spotting groups in which the photographer asked for it to be identified. He agreed to let me post it here.

FB_IMG_1561578569677.jpg

And here I thought that open cars mostly went away in the early twenties.

• 1 month later...