Thirdwave Bus Services

Thomasw

This thread is for anyone to contribute any additional information that they have about Thirdwave. Some examples of this are, new buses (New or second hand), retired buses (what was their fate), any more information about a certain bus(year, make, model, etc) and pictures of Thirdwave buses.

When we started in the school bus business we were primarily involved in door to door special needs transportation. The extra care that is involved in that type of transportation has remained constant in how we treat all of our customers. We have grown our business by doing whatever it takes to keep our customers safe and satisfied.

They are based in Richmond, BC. You should probably add that to your future posts.

The quote is from their website, http://www.thirdwavebus.com/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Ex-Thirdwave 217 is seen in the Seton area in SE Calgary, believed to be owned by company 4-Seasons Transportation.

4 Seasons Transportation 217 9-25-20.jpg

Thank you for this information. 

Recently Thirdwave has had several units up for sale on craigslist, I assume due to a certain virus. One thing I find odd is that this bus is only 10 years old and it was retired whereas they still have quite a few mini buses which are almost 20 years old. 

6 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Thank you for this information. 

Recently Thirdwave has had several units up for sale on craigslist, I assume due to a certain virus. One thing I find odd is that this bus is only 10 years old and it was retired whereas they still have quite a few mini buses which are almost 20 years old. 

Not a problem.

This company also has some newer, but similar units from Thirdwave as well, I believe they're in the 290s (can't remember the exact numbers right now.)

9 hours ago, Thomasw said:

One thing I find odd is that this bus is only 10 years old and it was retired whereas they still have quite a few mini buses which are almost 20 years old. 

The ones that are almost 20 years are probably more reliable with less emission crap on them (Depending if they are diesel that is)  ...  ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thirdwave #216 listed for sale on Autotrader.  It's listed as a 2009 model year with a Mercedes MBE900 series engine and hydraulic brakes.  The ad lists that there are 5 avaliable, which means 4 of 211-215 bunch are also likely being sold off.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/freightliner/thomas c2/richmond/british columbia/19_11684258_/?ms=heavy_trucks&showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=62_15_119&sprx=-2

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Update;

Turns out the 316, a Thomas C2 which was purchased around 2019 is a 2015 model year. Makes me curious as to where they picked it up from. 

Turns out that most if not all of the now retired CV200s were purchased used. I identified 73 as being from an Alberta operator. Does anyone else have leads for the other units?

Also found out recently that Thirdwave operated service for the CSF schools in Kelowna, Penticton and Kamloops. From what I understand the units were parked at the operator's homes and were shuttled back to Richmond during the summer. They also have a yard near Victoria in the Burnside area which is mainly cutaways, many of which are not on the wiki. If anyone lives near there and wouldn't mind stopping by and photographing/documenting what you see that would be much appreciated.