YVR Airport Video

reecemartin

20 hours ago, buizelbus said:

Not related to Metro Vancouver transit...

I was instead hoping for a mention to post in the general sightings thread - 

It's related, albeit subtly - a 4th station "YVR-3" could be built to serve the new terminal

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 7:01 AM, reecemartin said:

Heres a video on the current expansion of YVR airport, we pay special attention to the airports available ground side access: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69DjIOQaD-8

18 hours ago, buizelbus said:

Not related to Metro Vancouver transit...

A very interesting update.

Ignore the children, as they do not comprehend that passengers arriving in YVR take the Canada Line into downtown Vancouver which last I heard serves parts of Metro Vancouver

Nor can they fathom that people actually board the Canada Line in Metro Vancouver (many no doubt transferring from public transit) and ride into YVR for work or travel

Carry On!

• Haha 1

I am going to plagiarize myself, and repost something I posted about a year ago in another thread when people were also trying to be content police:

Everyone needs to take a step back, and not be so quick to judge a thread as impermissible.  While the description of this sub-forum mentions Translink, that has always served more as a quick geographical short hand as to what the boundary between Metro Vancouver and the rest of BC is.  After all, if this forum was for Translink to the exclusion of all else any posts about TRAMS buses, the Cloverdale interurban, the various Bowen Island D30LF/SLF buses, Vancouver Trolley Company/West Coast Sightseeing and any movie buses would also not be permitted.

Discussions about transit service go beyond simply what buses are being ordered and operated. Land use and expansion plans for a major destination and employer in the Metro Vancouver area would absolutely be relevant to the future of public transit.  Now, maybe this could have been posted in a thread for general sightings instead of being given its own topic, but it is pertinent and of interest to people on this forum.  Because as I stated earlier, discussion of transit can absolutely include the urban context in which it operates.

Finally, people need to stop trying so hard to be thread content enforcers.  Sometimes discussions about one topic bring up a point about another topic, and the conversation can slightly drift away from the original topic.  A discussion that got away from the original topic, but is still intelligent and factual can be interesting (though, in the interest of forum decorum every effort should be made to make sure it doesn't completely eclipse the original topic) and isn't a negative.  Multiple posts of people trying to act with authority they do not have, as if they have the final say on what does and does not get posted and where it is posted, on the other hand is irritating.  If you truly believe a post is not appropriate there is a report this post button to use.  Let the moderators do their job, and if they don't remove it maybe take a step back and think about why they didn't remove it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael Marriott said:

After all, if this forum was for Translink to the exclusion of all else any posts about TRAMS buses

Wasn't TRAMS once a subsidiary of TransLink/on TransLink property, and is therefore related to TransLink?

Either way, TRAMS preserves ex. (or would be) TransLink buses, and is therefore related to TransLink