McNicoll Bus Garage - Updates and Discussion

Kobayashi

With construction of the new McNicoll bus garage, feel free to share photos and discuss the status about the TTC's newest garage/division slated to open next year.

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

• Like 1

Kind of late for this, as it been under construction since last year. They added the canopy steel at the south end sometime ago, but too lazy to shoot it going by the site, compare to when I last shot it where the steel was missing. Then, most of the building is wrap to keep the heat in. Wait tell the warm weather shows up and the wrapping remove to shoot it again.

I expect the employees parking lot across the street will be done later this year.

Getting close to opening day in 2020 or late 2019.

You can find all the photos I shot here https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/albums/72157697068880714

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2019 at 10:25 AM, drum118 said:

Kind of late for this, as it been under construction since last year. They added the canopy steel at the south end sometime ago, but too lazy to shoot it going by the site, compare to when I last shot it where the steel was missing. Then, most of the building is wrap to keep the heat in. Wait tell the warm weather shows up and the wrapping remove to shoot it again.

I expect the employees parking lot across the street will be done later this year.

Getting close to opening day in 2020 or late 2019.

You can find all the photos I shot here https://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/albums/72157697068880714

I though Summer 2021, isn't?

Has anyone heard about the master signup this summer along with the route transfers? Cause I have been talking to a few Malvern ops last weekend that they are either getting the 102 MARKHAM RD and/or 169 HUNTINGWOOD when McNicoll begins operation next year since they are losing the 39/939/336-339 and 53/953/353.

Can anyone like @Ultimate@Bus_Medic, @leylandvictory2@bus_7246, @T15111, or @Someguy3071 ratify, confirm or deny the rumors?

6 hours ago, BYD said:

Has anyone heard about the master signup this summer along with the route transfers? Cause I have been talking to a few Malvern ops last weekend that they are either getting the 102 MARKHAM RD and/or 169 HUNTINGWOOD when McNicoll begins operation next year since they are losing the 39/939/336-339 and 53/953/353.

Can anyone like @Ultimate@Bus_Medic, @leylandvictory2@bus_7246, @T15111, or @Someguy3071 ratify, confirm or deny the rumors?

Master signup has been a big rumour for the longest time. No one knows when it will happen, but it’s also been rumoured to correlate with the crosstown division transfers as well. Route movements are what I know nothing of

I’m not in any way connected to, nor interested in operator sign ups, masters or route transfers. 

For the maintenance side, it appears the plan is to simply post the new positions like any other opening, and bid in the conventional fashion.

22 hours ago, BYD said:

We don't know. It's all rumors floating around at this point. 

I'll try to get the link later, but these are the routes McNicoll will get for now:

17 Birchmount

10 Van Horne

39 Finch East

42 Cummer

43 Kennedy

51 Lesile

53 Steeles East

57 Midland

68 Warden

115 Silver Hills

122 Graydon Hall

129 McCowan

167 Pharmacy North

939 Finch East Express

953 Steeles East Express

I didn't see 169 Huntingwood for MicNicoll, so it may go to Malvern

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

I'll try to get the link later, but these are the routes McNicoll will get for now:

17 Birchmount

10 Van Horne

39 Finch East

42 Cummer

43 Kennedy

51 Lesile

53 Steeles East

57 Midland

68 Warden

115 Silver Hills

122 Graydon Hall

129 McCowan

167 Pharmacy North

939 Finch East Express

953 Steeles East Express

I didn't see 169 Huntingwood for MicNicoll, so it may go to Malvern

Is this confirmed or speculation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smallspy said:

It is from an internal TTC document. It is also, however, preliminary, and thus subject to change.

Dan

Okay, I see. The 57 Midland has been shuffled more than a deck of cards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

yeah they may be getting airport rocket as well.

Thats all the way down to the west. What makes you think that?

I assume they will pick up birchmount buses and possibly malvern.

5 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

New Eglinton garage used to provide buses for Airport Rocket many years ago.  

The 192 started with one bus on the route every 45 minutes. A second bus was added reducing the headway to 22'30". Deadheading 5-7 buses a day isn't feasible. The whole point was to use LF buses when Queensway didn't have any