Express691

2019 60' Articulated Bus Procurement

36 minutes ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Isn't Tcomm private?

Upcoming projects from the OTAP team

This year, CMBC will begin to make improvements to onboard technology across our fleet and non-revenue vehicles. Our equipment is nearing the end of its useful life and must be upgraded and replaced.

Four main projects to bring our fleet up-to-date by 2021:

• Replacing onboard and handheld radios
  • Replacing touch-screen terminals onboard
  • Implementing a new security camera system
  • Adding new routers to improve communications

In addition, the T-Comm work area will go through some changes and upgrades to accommodate our revenue expansion fleet.

2019 schedule for project roll-out:

• April: Pilot plan will begin with new vehicles
  • September: Full system roll-out begins

Saw this on the employee site a few weeks ago.  It mentioned the test would start with 67 expansion buses at HTC.  Made me think the new artics would run out of HTC for the test period.

8 hours ago, Phillip said:

Upcoming projects from the OTAP team

This year, CMBC will begin to make improvements to onboard technology across our fleet and non-revenue vehicles. Our equipment is nearing the end of its useful life and must be upgraded and replaced.

Four main projects to bring our fleet up-to-date by 2021:

• Replacing onboard and handheld radios
  • Replacing touch-screen terminals onboard
  • Implementing a new security camera system
  • Adding new routers to improve communications

In addition, the T-Comm work area will go through some changes and upgrades to accommodate our revenue expansion fleet.

2019 schedule for project roll-out:

• April: Pilot plan will begin with new vehicles
  • September: Full system roll-out begins

Speaking of new radios, I wonder if these are it. 

Its the only thing remotely close to what we use. They look cool, but I doubt that’s the upgrade. 

https://www.handheldgroup.com/rugged-computer/tablets-notebooks/algiz-8x/

^^ Also just in case anyone wants to be the odd one out and really dive into the details. 

11 hours ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Isn't Tcomm private?

T-Comm, as in the communications centre in Surrey? Yes.

There is a site created by a transit fan on here somewhere which I cannot find the username for, who has created a site named Tcomm, which uses public transit data to track buses. It's not affiliated with TransLink.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

T-Comm, as in the communications centre in Surrey? Yes.

There is a site created by a transit fan on here somewhere which I cannot find the username for, who has created a site named Tcomm, which uses public transit data to track buses. It's not affiliated with TransLink.

It's @Dennis

13 hours ago, translink said:

Speaking of new radios, I wonder if these are it. Its the only thing remotely close to what we use. They look cool, but I doubt that’s the upgrade. 

https://www.handheldgroup.com/rugged-computer/tablets-notebooks/algiz-8x/

^^ Also just in case anyone wants to be the odd one out and really dive into the details. 

Report to the board for September 2018 meeting included the following reference:

Bus Radio Replacement Project: To outfit expansion vehicles in 2019, the INIT radio system in non-revenue vehicles is being replaced. The project team is working on upgrading the revenue vehicle fleet to the new INIT system.

The same report also mentioned of on-board camera system replacement, which has since been awarded to TSI Video:

Camera Replacement Project Update: A pilot including 10 buses will run until December 2018 to compare cameras from Pennsylvania-based TSI, Inc. and Coquitlam-based SEON in a real-world environment. Previous testing took place within the depot. More than half of our current fleet has cameras on-board while all new buses will arrive equipped. By the end of 2019, 88% of our fleet will be equipped with cameras.

I did not know until now that SEON is based locally... Anyway, sorry for going off-topic a little.

15 hours ago, mfhin said:

Saw 19003 wrap with adv. at Marine Drive today

B8AF0061-394C-45CE-8AE0-7F84EE6619CB.jpeg

I saw it go up Oak Street this morning.

6 hours ago, 8010 said:

I saw it go up Oak Street this morning.

So what is different between the 19000's & 18000's that they need to be driven all over for testing? I don't recall of the 18000's being driven all over town?

47 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

So what is different between the 19000's & 18000's that they need to be driven all over for testing? I don't recall of the 18000's being driven all over town?

New TMAC

7 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

New TMAC

I've been told by several operators it's a single, bezel-less display, instead of the two, this time around.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

I've been told by several operators it's a single, bezel-less display, instead of the two, this time around.

With new compass fareboxes? :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

New TMAC

That makes sense since I just saw it pull into Dunbar Loop. Probably testing out the accuracy of the new system.

14 hours ago, buizelbus said:

Drove by one earlier. Two piece TMAC/DCU. Maybe they’re testing the new one with the old one on top. 

On 5/29/2019 at 8:56 AM, Millennium2002 said:

Report to the board for September 2018 meeting included the following reference:

The same report also mentioned of on-board camera system replacement, which has since been awarded to TSI Video:

I did not know until now that SEON is based locally... Anyway, sorry for going off-topic a little.

I know it's not the 40' thread, but since this was brought up, the '18 Nova LFS HEV have the TSI cameras installed.

19002 just started at Boundary on the 99 UBC

(also as noted above, 19005 in service on 99 at UBC to Comml'Bdwy Stn)

Technically 19002 is in service first, started its trip at 14:41.

19005 started at 15:04.

35 minutes ago, translink said:

Something something 2019s first day something 553200FA-BF34-4BBB-BBF8-CE7B78871ACC.thumb.jpeg.340f1ea87cc835d2f0d5424ce24e8ffb.jpeg

19005 now in service

31 minutes ago, Phillip said:

I spotted 19007, looks like it's going into service 

19007 in service at UBC on the 99, starting 15:10.

Also 19003 in service at UBC on the 99 at 15:22

• Like 1