2019 60' Articulated Bus Procurement

Express691

36 minutes ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Isn't Tcomm private?

Upcoming projects from the OTAP team

This year, CMBC will begin to make improvements to onboard technology across our fleet and non-revenue vehicles. Our equipment is nearing the end of its useful life and must be upgraded and replaced.

Four main projects to bring our fleet up-to-date by 2021:

• Replacing onboard and handheld radios
  • Replacing touch-screen terminals onboard
  • Implementing a new security camera system
  • Adding new routers to improve communications

In addition, the T-Comm work area will go through some changes and upgrades to accommodate our revenue expansion fleet.

2019 schedule for project roll-out:

• April: Pilot plan will begin with new vehicles
  • September: Full system roll-out begins

8 hours ago, Phillip said:

Upcoming projects from the OTAP team

This year, CMBC will begin to make improvements to onboard technology across our fleet and non-revenue vehicles. Our equipment is nearing the end of its useful life and must be upgraded and replaced.

Four main projects to bring our fleet up-to-date by 2021:

• Replacing onboard and handheld radios
  • Replacing touch-screen terminals onboard
  • Implementing a new security camera system
  • Adding new routers to improve communications

In addition, the T-Comm work area will go through some changes and upgrades to accommodate our revenue expansion fleet.

2019 schedule for project roll-out:

• April: Pilot plan will begin with new vehicles
  • September: Full system roll-out begins

Speaking of new radios, I wonder if these are it. 

Its the only thing remotely close to what we use. They look cool, but I doubt that’s the upgrade. 

https://www.handheldgroup.com/rugged-computer/tablets-notebooks/algiz-8x/

^^ Also just in case anyone wants to be the odd one out and really dive into the details. 

11 hours ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Isn't Tcomm private?

T-Comm, as in the communications centre in Surrey? Yes.

There is a site created by a transit fan on here somewhere which I cannot find the username for, who has created a site named Tcomm, which uses public transit data to track buses. It's not affiliated with TransLink.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

T-Comm, as in the communications centre in Surrey? Yes.

There is a site created by a transit fan on here somewhere which I cannot find the username for, who has created a site named Tcomm, which uses public transit data to track buses. It's not affiliated with TransLink.

It's @Dennis

13 hours ago, translink said:

Speaking of new radios, I wonder if these are it. Its the only thing remotely close to what we use. They look cool, but I doubt that’s the upgrade. 

https://www.handheldgroup.com/rugged-computer/tablets-notebooks/algiz-8x/

^^ Also just in case anyone wants to be the odd one out and really dive into the details. 

Report to the board for September 2018 meeting included the following reference:

Bus Radio Replacement Project: To outfit expansion vehicles in 2019, the INIT radio system in non-revenue vehicles is being replaced. The project team is working on upgrading the revenue vehicle fleet to the new INIT system.

The same report also mentioned of on-board camera system replacement, which has since been awarded to TSI Video:

Camera Replacement Project Update: A pilot including 10 buses will run until December 2018 to compare cameras from Pennsylvania-based TSI, Inc. and Coquitlam-based SEON in a real-world environment. Previous testing took place within the depot. More than half of our current fleet has cameras on-board while all new buses will arrive equipped. By the end of 2019, 88% of our fleet will be equipped with cameras.

I did not know until now that SEON is based locally... Anyway, sorry for going off-topic a little.

14 hours ago, buizelbus said:

I've been told by several operators it's a single, bezel-less display, instead of the two, this time around.

Drove by one earlier. Two piece TMAC/DCU. Maybe they’re testing the new one with the old one on top. 

On 5/29/2019 at 8:56 AM, Millennium2002 said:

Report to the board for September 2018 meeting included the following reference:

The same report also mentioned of on-board camera system replacement, which has since been awarded to TSI Video:

I did not know until now that SEON is based locally... Anyway, sorry for going off-topic a little.

I know it's not the 40' thread, but since this was brought up, the '18 Nova LFS HEV have the TSI cameras installed.

• 2 weeks later...