Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority, SC has put 16 of their 1994 Flxible Metros up for sale on GovDeals.com. I've linked the listing page.

My question for anyone who would know better, but were these the last Flxible Metro buses operated by a public transit operator in the US?

Omaha might still be running a few, not sure. If they are it's only a matter of months until their replacements arrive.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2019 at 7:13 AM, MVTArider said:

Omaha might still be running a few, not sure. If they are it's only a matter of months until their replacements arrive.

TBH, with the exception of CARTA and maybe Trimet, I thought most of the other systems did away with the Metros 8-9 years ago. WMATA retired the last of theirs in 2010-2011 as did MTA Maryland, CTA, and NJT.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:14 PM, alexb320 said:

Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority, SC has put 16 of their 1994 Flxible Metros up for sale on GovDeals.com. I've linked the listing page.

My question for anyone who would know better, but were these the last Flxible Metro buses operated by a public transit operator in the US?

I guess a better question would be, who still uses the RTS bus in America (besides MTA New York City Bus of course).

On 3/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, Chris.A said:

I guess a better question would be, who still uses the RTS bus in America (besides MTA New York City Bus of course).

Texas A&M still has a bunch and I believe Chapel Hill Transit has a few left.