SMS

YUL Bus Charters - 2019 Activities

On 10/22/2019 at 9:42 AM, Viva5113 said:

I can confirm that thats from Driving school, but dont know any further info about them.

Ex-RTC Quebec, Belongs to Benito Driving School

It was an awesome 2 days of fun. I am glad everyone enjoyed the tour of my home part of the city. Anjou was one of the last divisions to have New Looks in service. I was fortunate enough to be on the last trip of the final Anjou New Look way back when. I don't remember too much about it, I was only 10 years old, but I was invited along with my parents to ride along with a family friend who was driving the bus, then we continued the ride until it entered the garage for the final time.

It was only my 2nd RTL charter I have been able to attend. The photo stops were fantastic and with our sun angle experts, each shot was perfectly set.

YUL Bus Charters presents YULetide Cheer 2019
Saturday 21 December 2019, Trois-Rivières, QC

A "Christmas Lights" fan trip will be held for the first time in the Mauricie region between Montreal and Quebec City. Félix Parent-Rocheleau has kindly and generously offered us the opportunity to ride his 1982 GMC New Look bus in Trois-Rivières, QC. He believes that this will be the last year that the bus will be sporting the STO livery. Next year, it is hoped that the bus will be repainted in CITF colours. Therefore, this is the last chance for night photos in the current paint scheme.

Similar to the previous joy ride, this fan trip will have two segments: day time and night time. 

The first segment is an afternoon joy ride. Now that Société de transport de Trois-Rivières (STTR) has a revamped network, we will visit a few bus terminals to observe the service changes. We will also make great efforts to see one of the Grande West Vicinity buses now in service. An added bonus will be a trip north to the city of Shawinigan, QC where we will see the municipal bus service now provided by Autobus Fleur de Lys. Cost: $20

We will schedule a 45 minute food and restaurant break between the segments.

The second segment is an evening joy ride. Félix will be posing the bus on the old STTR network. Bring your tripods and spare batteries! Don't forget to dress warmly. Cost: $20

If you come for both segments, the cost remains $40. Please note that all proceeds go towards the continued maintenance and operation of bus 8202. Thanks to all co-owners of 8202 for the opportunity to ride their bus!

A late dinner may be organised after the evening joy ride by somebody other than me. Thank you for your understanding.

All details (time points) will be e-mailed to confirmed participants only by e-mailing us at the usual gmail address. We go good weather or bad.

Let's close out the decade on a high note!
SMS

(Francophone friends: Please pardon the unilingual invitation. The objective was not to offend anyone by writing only in English, but merely to save time.)

All info sent to confirmed participants. If you would like to join us, please write to me at yulbuscharters at gmail dot com, thank you!