Any bus owners here?

So I made this thread because I want to know if anyone else owns a bus. I own 2 ex-TTC buses that retired two years ago. For now, I will not be releasing the numbers nor will I be providing any photos as I hope to keep these vehicles secure until they are in working order. They are at a secure location.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 7575 said:

So I made this thread because I want to know if anyone else owns a bus. I own 2 ex-TTC buses that retired two years ago. For now, I will not be releasing the numbers nor will I be providing any photos as I hope to keep these vehicles secure until they are in working order. They are at a secure location.

I own an ex Long Beach Transit TMC RTS. Currently undergoing major refurb and restoration. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, 7575 said:

Considering how few buses have been saved in the past 2 years, I would be curious to find out the numbers of your buses.

Dan

2 hours ago, smallspy said:

Considering how few buses have been saved in the past 2 years, I would be curious to find out the numbers of your buses.

Dan

7415 and 7692.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Are they in last service condition?

Nope. 7692 was restored to what it looked like back around 2009. 7415 is present-day condition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 7575 said:

Nope. 7692 was restored to what it looked like back around 2009. 7415 is present-day condition.

What's the difference (other than paint, I assume)?

Come to think of, someone in this DB also owns a short GM New Look, just don't quite remember which TA that belonged to...

I even made a paper model of it with @AlexLy.

I've got another bus on my property now. 7709 will donate parts for 7692 and 7415's refurbishment. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 7575 said:

I've got another bus on my property now. 7709 will donate parts for 7692 and 7415's refurbishment. 

How did you get these buses? Did you buy them from the TTC?

Just now, TTC Guy said:

How did you get these buses? Did you buy them from the TTC?

Someone I know bought 7 TTC buses. I originally bought two buses but I needed another for the refurb.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2019 at 8:37 PM, 7575 said:

Decals, doors, etc.

Do 7692 have that bogus BioBus sticker on it?

11 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Do 7692 have that bogus BioBus sticker on it?

Not yet. It's still three weeks away (approx.) from decals.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Do you have pictures of them 

Read the first post:

On 3/11/2019 at 6:57 PM, 7575 said:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Seems everyones starting to obsess over an Orion VII from Toronto again.

It's quite sad really. There are more important things in the world than three Orion vii's. But obviously, some people don't understand that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

It's quite sad really. There are more important things in the world than three Orion vii's. But obviously, some people don't understand that.

Who the hell are you to determine what anyone else feels is important? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Seems everyones starting to obsess over an Orion VII from Toronto again.

While I understand 7575's reason for keeping the info on the buses on the DL, you can hardly blame the people in this thread for being interested. How often does something in this city get saved from the scrapper's clutches? A TTC bus continuing to exist justifies every bit of interest it generates.

• Like 6

All problems relating to 7692 have been squashed. 7692 is painted and the destination sign and accessories go back on it today. 7415 just needs it's decals. 7415 has everything except decals. I'm getting the decals from the same dealer that the TTC uses. I'm hoping they will show up sometime next week. 7709 will languish for a little bit just in case parts are needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, 7575 said:

All problems relating to 7692 have been squashed. 7692 is painted and the destination sign and accessories go back on it today. 7415 just needs it's decals. 7415 has everything except decals. I'm getting the decals from the same dealer that the TTC uses. I'm hoping they will show up sometime next week. 7709 will languish for a little bit just in case parts are needed. 

I thought the decals were made in house at Hillcrest (aside from whatever vendor a bus company uses). 

10 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

While I understand 7575's reason for keeping the info on the buses on the DL, you can hardly blame the people in this thread for being interested. How often does something in this city get saved from the scrapper's clutches? A TTC bus continuing to exist justifies every bit of interest it generates.

While I am elated 7575 and others are around, I think it is important to keep hush hush about them because some foamers might tresspass and start messing with things. It's kind of like the paparazzi bursting into your bedroom and snapping a million photos of you and your (redacted) area.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Who the hell are you to determine what anyone else feels is important? 

I apologize to anyone that was offended by that statement. That was a poorly worded/being really tired as I had just come back from swimming for a few hours. I just don't want the buses to end up like 9424 where people decide to vandalize the bus, or foamers to to break into the buses and steal stuff from them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I know it's not a transit bus, but at least it's based on one... I own a 1988 Gillig Phantom School Bus. It's powered by a Detroit 6V92TA & Allison MT-647. One of the last of its kind.

44452404540_6d56024ecf_k.thumb.jpg.fed4889ee1cdb6e55a65361d34ead461.jpg

• Like 8