Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The Toronto Transportation Society will be operating at least two fan trips this year. We have decided not to do one in the spring time as we did not want to conflict with any potential light rail openings. The events for the fall are:

  • Farewell to the CLRV - Sunday, September 22
  • Southwestern Ontario charter - Saturday, October 26 (Kitchener, Stratford, Woodstock, etc. using a Parkinson charter coach)

Please watch this thread for further details.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to visit Toronto this year, last visit was back in 2013, so I'll definitely keep the CLRV farewell in mind. I vaguely remember riding those as a child in the early 1990's during a family vacation to Toronto :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flyer_e901 said:

My vacation time has been approved for September! So I'm able to attend the CLRV trip.

That is good to hear. We hope to get the flyer for the event out this weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 7:25 AM, Seashore_518203 said:

That is good to hear. We hope to get the flyer for the event out this weekend.

Anyone else find humor in that if the f in flyer were capitalized the whole sentence would have a completely different meaning on this board? :lol:

---

Can anyone recommend some cheaper decent areas to stay at in Toronto that would still have good access via transit to the city center/streetcar network area? Was checking hotels for that weekend in downtown, a little pricey! I'm not sure if I can go or not, but want to research now while prices on hotels are typically lower.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 6:35 PM, MVTArider said:

Anyone else find humor in that if the f in flyer were capitalized the whole sentence would have a completely different meaning on this board? :lol:

---

Can anyone recommend some cheaper decent areas to stay at in Toronto that would still have good access via transit to the city center/streetcar network area? Was checking hotels for that weekend in downtown, a little pricey! I'm not sure if I can go or not, but want to research now while prices on hotels are typically lower.

If that f was capitalized I would’ve been asking where the preserved Flyer bus has been hiding. 

I finally booked a hotel by the airport where prices are more reasonable. Now I can answer your question. 😊 There’s a bunch of hotels across the street from Pearson Airport and along Dixon Rd. 52 runs along Dixon and connects the airport, hotels, and subway stations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TTS "Farewell to the CLRV" charter is now sold out. We will be having two cars for a five hour charter starting at 10:30 AM.

If you are still interested, we can add you to the waiting list in the event of a cancellation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 12:09 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

The TTS "Farewell to the CLRV" charter is now sold out. We will be having two cars for a five hour charter starting at 10:30 AM.

If you are still interested, we can add you to the waiting list in the event of a cancellation.

Do you also have the October charter flyer ready to go as well? Willing to fill that out right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 2:09 AM, TTC 9701 said:

Do you also have the October charter flyer ready to go as well? Willing to fill that out right away.

The TTS will not be operating to SW Ontario charter trip on Saturday, October 26. It will be rescheduled for spring 2020.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...