TTS 2019 Fan Trips

The Toronto Transportation Society will be operating at least two fan trips this year. We have decided not to do one in the spring time as we did not want to conflict with any potential light rail openings. The events for the fall are:

• Farewell to the CLRV - Sunday, September 22
  • Southwestern Ontario charter - Saturday, October 26 (Kitchener, Stratford, Woodstock, etc. using a Parkinson charter coach)

Please watch this thread for further details.

• Thanks 3

• 3 months later...
On 6/28/2019 at 7:25 AM, Seashore_518203 said:

That is good to hear. We hope to get the flyer for the event out this weekend.

Anyone else find humor in that if the f in flyer were capitalized the whole sentence would have a completely different meaning on this board? :lol:

---

Can anyone recommend some cheaper decent areas to stay at in Toronto that would still have good access via transit to the city center/streetcar network area? Was checking hotels for that weekend in downtown, a little pricey! I'm not sure if I can go or not, but want to research now while prices on hotels are typically lower.

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2019 at 6:35 PM, MVTArider said:

Anyone else find humor in that if the f in flyer were capitalized the whole sentence would have a completely different meaning on this board? :lol:

---

Can anyone recommend some cheaper decent areas to stay at in Toronto that would still have good access via transit to the city center/streetcar network area? Was checking hotels for that weekend in downtown, a little pricey! I'm not sure if I can go or not, but want to research now while prices on hotels are typically lower.

If that f was capitalized I would’ve been asking where the preserved Flyer bus has been hiding. 

I finally booked a hotel by the airport where prices are more reasonable. Now I can answer your question. ? There’s a bunch of hotels across the street from Pearson Airport and along Dixon Rd. 52 runs along Dixon and connects the airport, hotels, and subway stations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 12:09 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

The TTS "Farewell to the CLRV" charter is now sold out. We will be having two cars for a five hour charter starting at 10:30 AM.

If you are still interested, we can add you to the waiting list in the event of a cancellation.

Do you also have the October charter flyer ready to go as well? Willing to fill that out right away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an idea for a future charter: Charter TTC Orion VII 8058 and pose it beside TTC GM 2252. Once TTC GM 8058 is restored charter it or charter both 2252 and 8058 and pose both buses together. The reason meaning is TTC GM 2252 will meet two types of 8058's.