Sign in to follow this  
Seashore_518203

2019 BHA Convention - Ottawa/Gatineau - June 6 to 8

The Bus History Association (BHA) is holding their annual convention in Ottawa. It will be from June 6 to 8, 2019. The details for the convention, including the registration package and information on the host hotel is at the following link:

http://www.bus-history.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2019-BHA-Convention-Registration.pdf

When announcing this convention site in the last BHA 5 year member survey back in 2015, it was hoped that the light rail would be open. This appears that it most likely will not be the case, unfortunately.

Note that we do expect this event to be sell out and we will be cutting off registration around 45-50. Please register early if you are planning on attending.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

Will Pay-Pal be an option or is it strictly Cheque/Money Order? 

Strictly cheque or money order ... The BHA is a little behind the times. Maybe one of these years there will be additional payment options.

requested the days off for the convention. Can we send in the registration package before the payment? Will only know in 2 weeks if I can get the time off for the 3 days.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:39 AM, MTL66 said:

requested the days off for the convention. Can we send in the registration package before the payment? Will only know in 2 weeks if I can get the time off for the 3 days.

To be fair to everyone, payment is required when registering. I will keep an eye on registrations and will post when we are getting close to the cutoff point. You should still try to get the registration in as soon as possible though.

Would love to attend but unfortunately can't take much time off from work during that period, plus I really should invest some of my spare cash into home and auto maintenance this summer. I hope to see everyone at BHA 2020!

7 hours ago, MVTArider said:

Would love to attend but unfortunately can't take much time off from work during that period, plus I really should invest some of my spare cash into home and auto maintenance this summer. I hope to see everyone at BHA 2020!

BHA 2020 will be in Iowa City, Iowa. We hope to tour most of the transit properties in the state and there are quite a few. More details to be announced later this year.

• Like 2

I won't be able to make it to this year's BHA, but I will be going to the one in Iowa City next year. In the meantime, I'm hoping to attend some of the smaller events happening this year.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:53 AM, Seashore_518203 said:

BHA 2020 will be in Iowa City, Iowa. We hope to tour most of the transit properties in the state and there are quite a few. More details to be announced later this year.

I have edited the wiki page for BHA reflecting the fact that the convention next year will take place in Iowa and not Washington DC.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Bus_History_Association#Future

11 hours ago, SMS said:

I have edited the wiki page for BHA reflecting the fact that the convention next year will take place in Iowa and not Washington DC.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Bus_History_Association#Future

Thanks for doing that. The reason for the change was that MBS announced they are going to Washington in Spring 2021. Quite a few people attend both MBS and BHA so we did not want to have a convention just prior to an MBS one.

The Wiki is a good resource. If you can update past conventions as follows, that would be great.

2005 - Harrisburg, PA; 2004 - Moncton NB/Halifax NS; 2003 - Ottawa, ON; 2002 - West Springfield, MA; 2001 - Winnipeg, MB; 2000 -  Cleveland, OH; 1999 - Montreal, QC; 1998 - London, ON; 1997 - Seattle, WA; 1996 - Quebec City, QC; 1995 - Portland, ME; 1994 - Calgary, AB, 1993 - Chicago, IL; 1992 - Toronto, ON; 

1990 - Ottawa, ON; 1989 - Boston, MA; 1988 - Halifax, NS, 1987 - Minneapolis, MN; 1986 - Vancouver, BC; 1985 - Detroit, MI/Windsor, ON.

I've made the amendments. Could you please tell me where the 2009 convention was held? This is the only host city that we are currently missing.