TTC GM New Look Fishbowl Preservation

TTCNLFBT

I stopped by at Hillcrest for the first time this year and notice parts bus 2345 is no where to be seen.  It must have been moved somewhere else or inside Harvey Shop being stripped for 8058.  Notice hybrid buses took over the spot where 2345 use to be which is west side of Harvey facing east.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

So I saw for myself buses at each garage, Micnicoll is now an Active bus garage, with 2252 being the first and currently only bus listed at Micnicoll. 

Clearly McNicoll is looking to take the "OMG old hand me down buses argh argh argh" title from Queensway. With 2252, they have a pretty good chance for that.

• 1 month later...

I stopped by at Hillcrest this morning and here are the sightings:

2444 has been moved somewhere in the complex.  Most likely inside Harvey Shop I presume?  It's an empty spot where 2444 use to be.

2345 is now parked west side of Harvey Shop, facing east.  I can tell it was 2345 because of the missing engine and rear window.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Chris B said:

According to the TTS May 2021 "Transfer Points" Newsletter, 2252 has been allocated to McNicoll Garage.  It is seen posing a photo with TTC Nova Bus LFS # 3220.

Impossible! All hand-me-downs go to Queensway! B)

• Haha 8

20 hours ago, Chris B said:

According to the TTS May 2021 "Transfer Points" Newsletter, 2252 has been allocated to McNicoll Garage.  It is seen posing a photo with TTC Nova Bus LFS # 3220.

2252 has been there since last year. I seen it February of this year.

Not sure if this is the right thread but anyways...

While I was working at Hillcrest last week on Friday I noticed 2345 and another unknown fishbowl (which i'd assume is 8058) near 1376. 8058's engine is missing and I think 2345's was as well

5 hours ago, 7749 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but anyways...

While I was working at Hillcrest last week on Friday I noticed 2345 and another unknown fishbowl (which i'd assume is 8058) near 1376. 8058's engine is missing and I think 2345's was as well

Should be 2444. 8058 was undergoing the massive rebuild

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Chris B said:

2252 at TTC McNicoll Garage this morning.

Not to be a rivet counter, but your description referring to 2252's retirement date is wrong. The bus was the Toronto Island shuttle until April 2012, and it was used for the Spadina bus promotion on July 5. Also I don't think it's accurate to say the bus is retired at all. Removed from revenue service, sure, but it's still an active part of the TTC's property.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Not to be a rivet counter, but your description referring to 2252's retirement date is wrong. The bus was the Toronto Island shuttle until April 2012, and it was used for the Spadina bus promotion on July 5. Also I don't think it's accurate to say the bus is retired at all. Removed from revenue service, sure, but it's still an active part of the TTC's property.

Thanks for the update.  At one time on Flickr I was looking at the photos of 2252 at the 2018 CUTA event and it had a description at the front of the bus saying it was retired December 2011 (something like that).  I will remove the retirement notice. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’s “Retired from regular service”, which would be a more accurate description of 2252’s status. That’s usually what people mean when they say a vehicle or fleet is retired, especially in a transit context where an active vehicle can get sent out for service to haul passengers at any time. Chances are, 2252 won’t be putting in any appearances on the 19 (6) Bay or 90 Vaughan to handle rush-hour crowds like it used to.

It’s all semantics anyway. Similar to the H4’s which were all “retired” (from revenue service) years ago despite some being retained as work cars and seeing very regular use on the TTC in work car duty.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...