TTC GM New Look Fishbowl Preservation

TTCNLFBT

On 10/26/2019 at 6:06 PM, Tom1122 said:

IT looks like parts bus 2345 has been removed from Hillcrest as 7575 was in its spot.

I believe that 2345 is still at Hillcrest.  Last time I checked it was parked beside 8058 on the west side of Harvey Shop, facing east.  7575 is parked beside 2444 where 2345 use to parked there.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:05 PM, TTCNLFBT said:

I believe that 2345 is still at Hillcrest.  Last time I checked it was parked beside 8058 on the west side of Harvey Shop, facing east.  7575 is parked beside 2444 where 2345 use to parked there.

All three fishbowls are still at Hillcrest.

• Thanks 4

Its a toaster, I have to eat. 8058 is a GM bus, it doesn't have a frame. It has front and rear subframes to bolt the suspension to. Pretty sure its all decent enough to use again. they're big heavy steel stampings. Everything that attaches to them is shot but the stubs in it looked OK when I was under it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2019 at 6:10 PM, valvebodyguy said:

Its a toaster, I have to eat. 8058 is a GM bus, it doesn't have a frame. It has front and rear subframes to bolt the suspension to. Pretty sure its all decent enough to use again. they're big heavy steel stampings. Everything that attaches to them is shot but the stubs in it looked OK when I was under it.

Is 8058 going to be retrofitted with power steering or does it have it already? 

5 hours ago, valvebodyguy said:

No 2 speed buses were ever sent through the rebuild program or retrofitted with power steering. 8058 will remain with manual steering and the big white steering wheel(if we can find one).

Actually one 2 speed bus did: 8073 which became 2151 which became a 3 speed with power steering. 

• Like 2

The speedometer transmission was seized and not made to be taken apart. We took it apart anyway.  Turns out it was old dried up grease that seized it and one thrust bearing was shattered. Probbly by me. We made a new bushing on the lathe cleaned it all up and reassembled with new grease. Just have to find the splined drive pin for it

20191114_121701.jpg

• Like 11

One of the final pieces. After repairing the speedo drive trans I needed to replace the drive key for it. Its basically a 1/8 pin with a spline down one side. Couldnt find one anywhere.  Finally ended up making one from a split pin and a bit of metal salvaged from a gear clamp. First attempt was ok but it was still a tad short. Found a longer pin and made another. It was perfect. Its in and working. Original drive on right. The middle two are the ones I made and on the left is the 6V71 emergency stop reset lever that supplied the longer pin.

20191120_093948.jpg

• Like 9