The future of Buses is Battery-Electric

MikeyB

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

I knew cityview was up there as the warranty vendor, as they are here, but I didn’t know they outsourced everything.

you’re certain they didn’t swap traction motors or generators in house?🤨

No work related to the Hybridrive system on the Orion VIIs was completed in house, from day 1 to the final day. CityView did it all.

4 hours ago, curlingteam333 said:

Any word for 4 XE40 yet? Yeah patient is the must if things takes a while.

There are a few runs this booking designated for electric buses, so the current timeline probably has OC accepting delivery of the buses some time before year's end. A period of commissioning and training (instructors, garage staff, then booked operators) will happen before the buses enter service as well.

2 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

Little surprised they didn’t go with the wider rear door that most agencies go with for the xcelsior, it really speeds up loading/unloading especially with our LRT system going forward of all door boarding inside stations 

yet these are just 4, maybe they’ll start going wide door later on 

The Inveros and LFSs don't have wide rears doors and they seem to manage. 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

The Inveros and LFSs don't have wide rears doors and they seem to manage. 🤷‍♂️

It’s not about how they’ve managed, it’s about how we’re going into the future of our network for ease of boarding. Wonder if you’ve also seen a crammed LFS at a station and how long it takes to exit vs a wider door LFR 

its about moving forward in transit, not staying complacent. Look at GRT, they realized they were getting slammed with university students and dwell times so they went to wide rear doors for their fleet. Bigger picture. 

47 minutes ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

If that's your answer, why not wait for someone who has the information, rather than speculate?

What he said.

7 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

I don't work for OC, but I think all 4 have arrived. Mi guess is sometime in DEC or Jan that they might go into service.

As of right now, I can only confirm ONE unit has been pre-delivered to CityView for PDI and preparation work, on behalf of New Flyer, due to the proximity to OC versus the Arnprior facility. Once delivered to OC, the buses will be under control of the training department on both the operational and maintenance side. I do not see them seeing service until at least November at the earliest (pure speculation).

I am booked on some runs to be assigned these buses this booking, so, I will know more eventually.

• Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Oc4526 said:

That should be 2102 ( if one’s to believe the comments in the Instagram thread)

Yeah I read that, I wouldn’t 100% trust it is 2102 but it would make sense that they get delivered in numerical order

On 10/16/2021 at 5:35 PM, BC_YYC said:

Yeah I read that, I wouldn’t 100% trust it is 2102 but it would make sense that they get delivered in numerical order

I can confirm, it is 2102.

2103 was spotted this afternoon on a flatbed at an OnRoute along the 401.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2