Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

TTC Guy

TTC Orion VII Retirements

43 minutes ago, Doggosareamazing said:

9411 was.

I know 9411 was, but I heard someone also bought 7575.

1514, 1519, 1520, 1535, 1537, 1567, 1569, 1600, 1619, 1629 are being pulled for decommissioning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

1514, 1519, 1520, 1535, 1537, 1567, 1569, 1600, 1619, 1629 are being pulled for decommissioning.

That's a healthy bunch. Are they gonna be used for cores and parts?

Probably not, there’s more than enough in circulation already. The intention here is to free up parking real estate for the incoming novas. There’s 53 spares currently.

• Thanks 1

Was busy bringing 3400s east all day. Didn’t have time to pay attention to anything else.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Was busy bringing 3400s east all day. Didn’t have time to pay attention to anything else.

Omg, I think my spine would kill me if I did that. Novas are so bumpy and they bottom out a lot. (When they start breaking in of course)

1 hour ago, Doggosareamazing said:

Omg, I think my spine would kill me if I did that. Novas are so bumpy and they bottom out a lot. (When they start breaking in of course)

They are fine when you're sitting in a $2500 Recaro seat.

• Haha 1

Was not sure where to post this, but anyway 7575 still has decals and stuff. IMG_2755.thumb.JPG.ad06f88906d6db4072c3c375b8428ce7.JPG

Taken today.

• Like 7

On 3/14/2019 at 9:38 PM, Doggosareamazing said:

drive slowly over pot holes.  Try driving a Nova on Eglinton east especially west bound at ionview and near Don Mills, you will need to see chiropractor if you drive 60 km there.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The fleet plan posted by Steve Munro today does read most of the 7900s and 8000s will retire this year.

That would possibly mean that Wilson will lose all of their 81xx and 82xx to Queensway and Wilson will get more hybrids from Malvern. From what was mentioned on here before, the Nova hybrids coming in at the end of the year are slated to go to Mount Dennis so then Mount Dennis would probably lose their NG hybrids to Wilson. I also see Wilson getting novas so they can probably take the 86xx from Eglinton and the 83xx can be sent to Birchmount. That would allow for Birchmount's 89xx and 92xx to be sent to Eglinton. I don't think that they are going to split up the 31xx if it's not necessary to do so. And I also don't think that they are going to remove hybrids from Wilson but instead take in a majority of the 1200-1423 fleet.

This what I see happening, NOT what will be happening...

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

That would possibly mean that Wilson will lose all of their 81xx and 82xx to Queensway and Wilson will get more hybrids from Malvern. From what was mentioned on here before, the Nova hybrids coming in at the end of the year are slated to go to Mount Dennis so then Mount Dennis would probably lose their NG hybrids to Wilson. I also see Wilson getting novas so they can probably take the 86xx from Eglinton and the 83xx can be sent to Birchmount. That would allow for Birchmount's 89xx and 92xx to be sent to Eglinton. I don't think that they are going to split up the 31xx if it's not necessary to do so. And I also don't think that they are going to remove hybrids from Wilson but instead take in a majority of the 1200-1423 fleet.

This what I see happening, NOT what will be happening...

I did read your fine print, but due to the roof mounted HVAC, the 83xx are stapled to Wilson. Their height would not go well with Birchmount’s low height clearance. Also, it doesn’t make sense to disband a fleet in reference to what Eglinton and Birchmount already have. Since the NG hybrids have been separated for the better part of their lives, there’s no reason for a long lost reunion this late into their active lives. Since it was mentioned that Queensway may be losing their VIIs, Arrow Rd would be the next best interim candidate to poach from. Previous examples of disbanding were just loaner buses for a balanced spare ratio. Though next board will bring fleet changes as Queensway has booted employee parking from the yard perimeter at the end of the month to an off site location. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I did read your fine print, but due to the roof mounted HVAC, the 83xx are stapled to Wilson. Their height would not go well with Birchmount’s low height clearance. Also, it doesn’t make sense to disband a fleet in reference to what Eglinton and Birchmount already have. Since the NG hybrids have been separated for the better part of their lives, there’s no reason for a long lost reunion this late into their active lives. Since it was mentioned that Queensway may be losing their VIIs, Arrow Rd would be the next best interim candidate to poach from. Previous examples of disbanding were just loaner buses for a balanced spare ratio. Though next board will bring fleet changes as Queensway has booted employee parking from the yard perimeter at the end of the month to an off site location. 

Okay so then Arrow would get hybrids back and some of their novas get sent to Queensway. Fair enough. Maybe then the remaining 86xx at Queensway can join the rest of its fleet at Birchmount. Didn't know about the 83xx's roof mounted HVAC though. But still good to know. With Queensway's employee parking lot being relocated, does that mean that Queensway will be able to store more buses?

20 minutes ago, Shemar said:

With Queensway's employee parking lot being relocated, does that mean that Queensway will be able to store more buses?

I would assume so. It’s too early to speculate what will be moving to Queensway, and where it would be coming from (though I would guess that some of the 31xx units will be heading south to build up Queensway’s allocation).

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I would assume so. It’s too early to speculate what will be moving to Queensway, and where it would be coming from (though I would guess that some of the 31xx units will be heading south to build up Queensway’s allocation).

I'm pretty sure Eglinton can spare some units as well, but then again, it's up to the discretion of the TTC's fleet management.

With this fleet plan, it's pretty logical to move the 8100s to Queensway (3100s could be an option). The 120 8100s plus the 55 or so Orion 7s would be enough for Queensway in the next couple of years. Then again this is the TTC and nothing is logical.

• Like 2