TTC Guy

TTC Orion VII Retirements

2 minutes ago, Doggosareamazing said:

If I can add to that, it’s probably because of brand image. For example, when an Emirates Boeing 777-200ER A6-EMF retired, they stripped the Emirates logo for the reason of not wanting the average public to know where it’s heading to (ie the scrapyard in a really hot desert). I think it is a similar case with TTC. 

I think so as well, wouldn't be a bad guess.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:15 PM, 7749 said:

There are a bunch of ex-TTC NG hybrids at the Pearson Airport Fire Training Centre, unsure of the units but there's about 3. The OG's that were there around 1 year ago, 7599 and 7565 weren't seen.

Can confirm 7599 and 7565 are still there, but are now stripped

And will be gone from there on Wednesday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Are they going to be used for shuttle service?

They are for training for the fire fighters.

Seems like 1818 is the last 1800-1829, and could possibly be the last TRUMP unit NG HEV if it outlasts 1666.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

7906 and 7908 are now retired from regular service. Both buses are now going to be events support buses. 

If that's true, that's pretty substantial. How long did it take for the 7900-7905 series to be converted? All they have to do is get repainted and get an all blue upholstery. Correct me if i'm wrong. 7906 hasnt been seen since Sep 6 and 7908 since June 24 according to transsee. If this is true, the oldest TTC bus is either 1000 or 7909.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

7906 and 7908 are confirmed to be reassigned as events supports buses.

Speaking of which, I passed by Hillcrest today and spotted an event support bus. I was unable to see any fleet number, as it was being blocked by 1107.

• Like 3

They needed to replace the two that were heavily vandalized. Most likely they will be numbered ES-6 and ES-8 within reason. If any of you ask why, the world is over as we know it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

They needed to replace the two that were heavily vandalized. Most likely they will be numbered ES-6 and ES-8 within reason. If any of you ask why, the world is over as we know it

why /s

• Haha 5

On 10/17/2019 at 7:57 PM, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

1666 is now retired and going to be decommissioned. The bus is back at Malvern division despite its tracker having it tracking at Obico.

1666 is back at North Queen this evening it went back to Malvern on Thursday for a minor repair not for decommissioning  but is now back at Obico. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

1738 is tracking at the back of MtD. Does this mean anything significant?

Nope its part of the training program. 7922 is at eglinton garage too, which is also part of the training program

• Like 4