TTC Orion VII Retirements

26 minutes ago, Shaun said:

When they have crew members move buses from different divisions, how do they get back? Or to their next task? Do they take a cab? Or are there buses going from division to division all day getting people from division to division all day?

Typically the receiving garage will send a single bus out with all the techs needed to bring the migrating units over, sometimes in two or more trips if manpower requirements limit how many the foreman can delegate to the movement. Ultimately it’s at their discretion how and when it gets carried out.

9 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Typically the receiving garage will send a single bus out with all the techs needed to bring the migrating units over, sometimes in two or more trips if manpower requirements limit how many the foreman can delegate to the movement. Ultimately it’s at their discretion how and when it gets carried out.

I believe there is also a bus that drives operators/trainees from Obico to Queensway Garage. One time I was near Queensway Garage and 7921 was driving around with that "S P E C I A L" sign put up.

Just the other day on Friday or Thursday I think 8042 was the "shuttle"

9 minutes ago, 7749 said:

I believe there is also a bus that drives operators/trainees from Obico to Queensway Garage. One time I was near Queensway Garage and 7921 was driving around with that "S P E C I A L" sign put up.

Just the other day on Friday or Thursday I think 8042 was the "shuttle"

There is an employee shuttle there during daytime hours at least, I’m not quite sure on the specifics...I have seen it do laps when I’ve been there on weekends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

That's why the best way to confirm anything is through personal sightings and physical evidence, not hearsay.

Speaking of sightings, I came back from the junkyard to replace my Corolla’s door handle and around Myrtle Road in Whitby, I saw one of the TTC Orion’s VII NG hybrid being towed today most likely to Langilles. Idk the number since it was 100ft away from where I was and the truck was turning left.

• Like 3

Sightings from Hillcrest: 

1632 and the other 2 stripped hybrids have been replaced by a 13xx and 1231 (which is missing a panel).

1514 and 1619 have been replaced by 1810 and 2 new paint 16xx’s which appear to be 1665 and 1683. All are missing parts. I can’t confirm if the 2 new paint units are 1665 and 1683, but considering that these 2 have been missing for quite a whiles and that there are no other retired repainted units that are stripped, I would guess that it is these 2.

7575 has been moved over a spot and has been rotated. I can’t tell if it is missing more parts or not because it is being blocked by a work truck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Sightings from Hillcrest: 

1632 and the other 2 stripped hybrids have been replaced by a 13xx and 1231 (which is missing a panel).

1514 and 1619 have been replaced by 1810 and 2 new paint 16xx’s which appear to be 1665 and 1683. All are missing parts. I can’t confirm if the 2 new paint units are 1665 and 1683, but considering that these 2 have been missing for quite a whiles and that there are no other retired repainted units that are stripped, I would guess that it is these 2.

7575 has been moved over a spot and has been rotated. I can’t tell if it is missing more parts or not because it is being blocked by a work truck.

Seems like musical chairs and twister is happening with bus allocations.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Doggosareamazing said:

Idk how long 1683 is going to have before being chopped into 1,683 pieces.

That bus along with 1665 1810 are going to be at hillcrest alittle longer they use as much parts from the retired hybrids before sending them to scrap like units 1514 1619 they were at hillcrest when they retired at Malvern division back in march this year before being sent to the  scrap I believe sometime in august. 

• Like 3

There was a row of Orions in the old paint at Hillcrest, with a stripped hybrid at the front. There may have been a few Diesel OG and a couple more hybrids as well. I am not sure what any of their numbers are, and if those other units behind the stripped hybrid are stripped as well.

• Like 1