TTC Orion VII Retirements

I believe the rest of the 79's will get VISION when the training program is over, because in the textbook it requires new operators to learn about the TRUMP unit, and then they test their knowledge using 79's and other obico buses.

1 hour ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Spotted 1632 and another unknown hybrid stripped at Hillcrest. There was another hybrid parked in between them but I couldn’t tell if it was stripped or not

Ohhh baby... Jks, any other buses there? Langilles didn’t have many of them there yet and no sign of the two gray bread boxes (ES 1 and 4)

1 hour ago, Doggosareamazing said:

Ohhh baby... Jks, any other buses there? Langilles didn’t have many of them there yet and no sign of the two gray bread boxes (ES 1 and 4)

Do you mean retired buses or just buses I saw in general? Other than those three, 1514 1619 and 7575 remain in their positions. The ES buses have been missing for for a while now.

23 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Do you mean retired buses or just buses I saw in general? Other than those three, 1514 1619 and 7575 remain in their positions. The ES buses have been missing for for a while now.

7575 was inside Harvey (bay 55) Thursday, I think only to remove as many doors and panels as possible for their stockpile to use on future smacked up 1000s, 79s and 8000s though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

7575 was inside Harvey (bay 55) Thursday, I think only to remove as many doors and panels as possible for their stockpile to use on future smacked up 1000s, 79s and 8000s though.

Interesting theory. But then again there are so many 7900’s to pull panels from instead.

47 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Retired buses. 

5 minutes ago, Doggosareamazing said:

But then again there are so many 7900’s to pull panels from instead.

Not yet there aren't. Only seven have retired, and three went up to Sault Ste. Marie so they would have to be left intact. I presume they were thorough in their stripping of the others before carting them off to scrap, but having additional spare parts never hurt anyone.

2 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Not yet there aren't. Only seven have retired, and three went up to Sault Ste. Marie so they would have to be left intact. I presume they were thorough in their stripping of the others before carting them off to scrap, but having additional spare parts never hurt anyone.

I guess that’s true, reuse and recycle!