TTC Orion VII Retirements

15 minutes ago, 7749 said:

A bunch of those 16's are not rebuilt but only repainted.

Mount Dennis has a few of them as well 1532 1603 1605 come to mind. Also, were some of the of the 12 13 14 repainted? I remember seeing a few of them with old doors, but I don't remember the numbers at the moment.

Are these repainted units still up for retirement?

I was under the impression that they were going to keep the repainted 15xx-16xx series hybrids along with the 10xx-14xx hybrids.

Random question while I'm at it: I recall some 12xx-14xx series hybrids keeping the old rear doors after being repainted such as 1237 and 1328. Did they replace these later on or did these retain the older doors?

Just now, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Are these repainted units still up for retirement?

I was under the impression that they were going to keep the repainted 15xx-16xx series hybrids along with the 10xx-14xx hybrids.

They seem to be keeping them unless something major happens that is not worth fixing up.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Random question while I'm at it: I recall some 12xx-14xx series hybrids keeping the old rear doors after being repainted such as 1237 and 1328. Did they replace these later on or did these retain the older doors?

They have the newer doors.

• Thanks 3

A good rule of thumb for me are the heater boxes in the lower section, if they bothered to install the revised stainless steel design, I consider them rebuilt. Another indicator is the extra stainless steel trim holding the altro flooring around the ramp area.

More than a handful received simply a repaint into the newer livery. 

• Like 3

For those of you who saw my last post, I was confused about where north queen yard is located. I was confused bc ik it is in the west end, and I got queen and north queen confused. Also, can anyone confirm why these buses are at obi anyway.

On 5/27/2019 at 7:20 PM, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Mount Dennis has a few of them as well 1532 1603 1605 come to mind. Also, were some of the of the 12 13 14 repainted? I remember seeing a few of them with old doors, but I don't remember the numbers at the moment.

when were those photos taken, is 8010 MIA or retired, or was this taken a long time ago

13 minutes ago, Novabusfan_2004 said:

For those of you who saw my last post, I was confused about where north queen yard is located. I was confused bc ik it is in the west end, and I got queen and north queen confused. Also, can anyone confirm why these buses are at obi anyway.

when were those photos taken, is 8010 MIA or retired, or was this taken a long time ago

That was taken long time ago, when 8010 was in a collision with a truck i think. Somewhere in 2015.

1 hour ago, Novabusfan_2004 said:

49 minutes ago, 7749 said:

That was taken long time ago, when 8010 was in a collision with a truck i think. Somewhere in 2015.

It was taken at the 2015 hillcrest open house among other damaged buses 1273 1508 1726 9063 9091 1256 and 2345 2444

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Novabusfan_2004 said:

I was at the ebus event today and I asked 2 people (one was the head of bus operations) and both said 7900s will retire this year, and 3570-3654 will replace them, but what division will those hybrids go to?

Maybe Arrow or Mount Dennis, but definetly not Queensway.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Novabusfan_2004 said:

I was at the ebus event today and I asked 2 people (one was the head of bus operations) and both said 7900s will retire this year, and 3570-3654 will replace them, but what division will those hybrids go to?

8 hours ago, 38 Highland Creek said:

Maybe Arrow or Mount Dennis, but definetly not Queensway.

I think the hybrid Novas would go to Mt. Dennis, the NG HEV Orion’s would move to Wilson and the 81xx’s would move to Queensway. 

These are just speculations, they might not happen. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Novabusfan_2004 said:

I think that the best case scenarios would be that Arrow gets 3570-3654, some of the 31xx from Arrow move to Birchmount, and the 84xx from Birchmount move to Queensway to replace the 79xx. But if Mount Dennis gets 3570-3654, then the NG hybrids from Mount Dennis move to Wilson, the 81xx from Wilson move to Birchmount, and the 84xx from Birchmount move to Queensway to replace the 79xx.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2019 at 8:04 AM, TTC Guy said:

I think the hybrid Novas would go to Mt. Dennis, the NG HEV Orion’s would move to Wilson and the 81xx’s would move to Queensway. 

These are just speculations, they might not happen. 

Im hoping Queensway won’t get 81xx since that is another hand me down buses. 

I think they might be getting some of the 8400-8617 from Birchmount once all of the Orion Vlls retires. It is still hand me down but still better than old crappy 81xx