Which TTC routes do you think should be reorganized or eliminated?

Kobayashi

As with the Junction study, and the other thread, this discussion is about reorganizing or eliminating service on any route. Let's start with routes 89 WESTON, 96 WILSON and 165 WESTON ROAD NORTH - This route may merge with the 89 to combine into a single route with three branches: 89A "Albion", 89B "Steeles", and 89C "Steeles via Barmac". The routing will mirror the 989 WESTON EXPRESS routing although the local 89 routing remained the same since it used trolley buses.

The 96 WILSON on the other hand may stay unchanged but the 96A, 96B and 96D branches may be shorten to run from Wilson Stn. With the 165 eliminated, a new branch, the 96C Wilson Stn-York Mills Stn is set up to improve frequencies. Service on the 186/996 remains the same.

Discussion is open if you want to decide anything.

• 3 months later...

I know this is not TTC, but I couldn't find another place to put it. I think that YRT's route 40 should be split into 40 W. Unionville to Markville Mall/Unionville GO and 39 E. Unionville to Woodbine Avenue/Unionville GO. Do you think this is a good idea? 

1 minute ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

I know this is not TTC, but I couldn't find another place to put it. I think that YRT's route 40 should be split into 40 W. Unionville to Markville Mall/Unionville GO and 39 E. Unionville to Woodbine Avenue/Unionville GO. Do you think this is a good idea? 

Delete, Please!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 11:19 PM, BYD said:

As with the Junction study, and the other thread, this discussion is about reorganizing or eliminating service on any route. Let's start with routes 89 WESTON, 96 WILSON and 165 WESTON ROAD NORTH - This route may merge with the 89 to combine into a single route with three branches: 89A "Albion", 89B "Steeles", and 89C "Steeles via Barmac". The routing will mirror the 989 WESTON EXPRESS routing although the local 89 routing remained the same since it used trolley buses.

The 96 WILSON on the other hand may stay unchanged but the 96A, 96B and 96D branches may be shorten to run from Wilson Stn. With the 165 eliminated, a new branch, the 96C Wilson Stn-York Mills Stn is set up to improve frequencies. Service on the 186/996 remains the same.

Discussion is open if you want to decide anything.

Guess you did not read once the Crosstown opens the 89 will be extended to Steeles with the 165 eliminated

14 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Guess you did not read once the Crosstown opens the 89 will be extended to Steeles with the 165 eliminated

I don't think that's decided. TTC will do a public consultation before finalizing things. That would likely start around late summer/fall 2020 and be presented to the board for approval in spring 2021 to make it implementable for September 2021.