Termed or Smestered school?

yrt+viva=1system

Semestered! XD

Milliken Mills High School is great, I got Keyboard, French, Math and English for Sem 1, and for Sem 2 I got Gym, Science, Geography and Integrated Technology. :P

hey lucky that u have semestered. i got on day 1 art, economics, german and math. day 2 travel and tour, chemy, english and phyics.

haha u got french still, dropped that long time ago :P

hey lucky that u have semestered. i got on day 1 art, economics, german and math. day 2 travel and tour, chemy, english and phyics.

haha u got french still, dropped that long time ago :P

When I was in high school (2001-2005), the schedule was semestered.

To my knowledge, Colonel By High School is the only high school in Ottawa with their schedule "termed"

Yeah, just started high school. I'm in Grade 9 now, and want to finish French asap

French is not difficult to learn if you are at least put some effort or interest in learning it. The same can be said for other subjects. You should at least know some of the language as we do live in a bilingual country.

French is not difficult to learn if you are at least put some effort or interest in learning it. The same can be said for other subjects. You should at least know some of the language as we do live in a bilingual country.

I agree, I'm going into Grade 12 and will be part of a 13 person French Class (only 13 people in my grade decided to take it this far!). Aside from the perks that our country is bilingual and that (IMO) French is way easier to do well in then Chem or Physics ( :P ), you get a certificate stating that you are bilingual in English and French, which definitely stands out in resumes for many jobs in Ontario and Quebec (even though I don't think it would help if I were to apply to TTC down the road :P LOL!).

Anyway, my school is non-semestered, however we don't really follow the termed rules either. We have 8 courses throughout the year with 4 "days". In each day you go to 6 of your 8 courses and (if you do the math) that means that two different courses are left out on one of the four days.

IOW, our classes are numbered 1-8, Day 1 would be 1-2-3-4-5-6, Day 2 would be 7-8-3-4-5-6, Day 3 would be 1-2-5-6-7-8, and Day 4 would be 1-2-3-4-7-8. This is great because if there is a course you don't like, you only have to deal with it three out of every four school days for forty minutes (our class length) instead of an hour and a half every day.

The other thing that I like about non-semestered is that we have our exams in June and in December. This means that after the exams before Christmas, we have no homework or anything else to worry about until school resumes in January, while I hear in semestered you're gearing up for exams in January.

The point is, both have their pluses and minuses and most students tend to naturally want the one they're not in!

Go to my older brother's old High School then tell me if it is very easy! :P

My school is semestered.

My exHS is semestered...it was ok, the system seemed to work.

As for courses it varies from school to school and teacher to teacher. One place they might do (say) Physics a little harder then somewhere else, other places it might be one of those easy credit classes kids seem to take.

My school's semestered as well.

The only thing is we have Day 1 and Day 2. Two periods we have after lunch would switch up on the other day (ie the period 3 becomes the period 4 class, and period 4 becomes period 3 on Day 2). This is one reason I'm hoping for a 1st period spare (well, that and to sleep in :P )

As for courses it varies from school to school and teacher to teacher. One place they might do (say) Physics a little harder then somewhere else, other places it might be one of those easy credit classes kids seem to take.

Well my older brother went to a French Highschool so that's why I said:

"QUOTE(Orion VIII @ Aug 31 2006, 10:30 PM)

Grade 9 French was *very* easy, I passed with an 89 with hardly trying. And yes, this was academic.

MT0603

Go to my older brother's old High School then tell me if it is very easy! "

My school is semestered. I don't think I could stand a termed school :P !

Oh and FYI, FRENCH SUCKS! Why must we have to take that bullshit :P . I don't live in Quebec, and NOONE here speaks french. I'm glad I got that done in grade 9 applied with a 56. :D Oh, John Braniff will back me up here :D .

Oh and FYI, FRENCH SUCKS! Why must we have to take that bullshit :P . I don't live in Quebec, and NOONE here speaks french. I'm glad I got that done in grade 9 applied with a 56. :P Oh, John Braniff will back me up here :D .

Because we're a nationally bilingual country. I don't live in Quebec but I don't go a single day without seeing the french language somewhere. Suck it up or go live somewhere else.

By the way, 'noone' is not a word. Go take an extra English class or something.

---

My school is semestered.

Because we're a nationally bilingual country. I don't live in Quebec but I don't go a single day without seeing the french language somewhere. Suck it up or go live somewhere else.

I was complaining about the class, not the language, dumbass. If they really wanted us to remember what we were taught in that class they would make it mandatory until grade 12. All I can remember is "bonjour". How bout you shut the hell up now, k? Thanks.

By the way, 'noone' is not a word. Go take an extra English class or something.

Its called a missed space, friggin dumbass. Nobody has perfect typing skills.