Community Shuttle

Community Shuttle Retirement/Storage Watch

20 hours ago, Blake M said:

I'm also telling you right now, as a Calgarian, be thankful for having the pull cords. The buttons a) don't work about two minutes after the bus has entered service, b) have to be replaced about once every two days, and c) TRIGGER THE STOP REQUEST BELL EVERY SINGLE BUMP IN THE ROAD

I'm also telling you right now, as a Hatter, be thankful for anything to request a stop at all. Whenever a bus breaks down, they put whatever spare Special Transit bus in its place. Usually, these are 7 seaters without stop request signs. They fill up fast.

• Haha 1

The shuttle mentioned in my last reply as well as S303 are back in the WC lot with no visible changes. Perhaps they just went out to have some issues fixed?

Seems like TransLink is making WCR repaint shuttles before selling them off now. There are a few white GMC shuttles with telltale signs of previous ownership in the WCR lot and the paint looks super fresh, along with a Handy Dart that had the yellow part repainted black. I guess removing the vinyl from shuttles still leaves them looking too much like TransLink buses (and that's actually true because I've been thrown off by the shuttle Ace runs for Accent Inns).

• Like 1

It is now confirmed that TransLink is repainting shuttles before selling them as there is an S1300 Aerotech painted white in the WCR lot. They still go to All Tune Car Care in Richmond to be stripped of vinyls (two Aero Elites there right now, being stripped), but they make one more stop at an unknown paint shop before going back to WCR for transfer to Repo.

Interesting. TransLink puts less mileage on their "community shuttle" buses than Victoria does. Victoria's 2014 Arbocs have around 315-330k kilometers on the odometer. The 2013s have around 360,000 km. 

Don't know if this is known already nor if anyone cares nor if this is the right thread BUT I saw S360 and another former TransLink shuttle driving around the industrial park in Abbotsford today

6 hours ago, Thomasw said:

S453 is now doing the Tsawwassen shopping shuttle

I'm assuming it isn't being run by landsea since you implied the number was still visible

Edit: the mall says UCL operates the cutaways so that's probably who it is

4 hours ago, Express691 said:

They've started to kill off some of the S5xx

S506, S508, S515, S519, S524, S532, S537, S510, S1322

Were these sitting in a dead track or in the auction prep lot on Van Horne?

41 minutes ago, Community Shuttle said:

Were these sitting in a dead track or in the auction prep lot on Van Horne?

Parked parallel to ARBOC units at HTC, and they havent been out for a while.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

16512 hasn’t been seen since February. Done possibly?

Not unless it was written off in an accident.

Two or all three of the ex-shuttles (S302-S304) were spotted as Tsawwassen Mills Shuttle buses, while I took the double decker to Tsawwassen Ferry a week ago. Didn't have time to grab my phone and took a shot of it. SMH!

15 hours ago, East Van Fan said:

Two or all three of the ex-shuttles (S302-S304) were spotted as Tsawwassen Mills Shuttle buses, while I took the double decker to Tsawwassen Ferry a week ago. Didn't have time to grab my phone and took a shot of it. SMH!

Looks like universal picked them up