Jump to content
Community Shuttle

Community Shuttle Retirement/Storage Watch

Recommended Posts

Starting a new thread to document all shuttle retirements or storages going forward. With a new shuttle order coming in as I type, a lot of older shuttles will be retired as they begin to enter service.

In fact, retirements related to this new order have already begun. While crossing the Oak Street bridge today, I noticed a few Aerotech shuttles sitting in the WC Remarketing lot where TransLink sends retired cutaways to be prepared for sale. I'm certain these are WVMT S1300 series units that have been retired as a result of the new Arbocs entering service.

It was revealed in another thread that Aero Elites S302-S305 were also retired but I didn't see them in the lot. Perhaps they've been sent to another facility to have their liveries removed. They certainly aren't up for sale at Burnaby Repo yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rulerduler said:

Nobody really cares for a shuttle retirement. 

 

Well i don't. I only care for the others. I grew up with the d40lf and it will be sad to see em all go lol

C40LF/C40LFR and D60LF for me :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, popillil said:
26 minutes ago, rulerduler said:

Nobody really cares for a shuttle retirement. 

 

Well i don't. I only care for the others. I grew up with the d40lf and it will be sad to see em all go lol

C40LF/C40LFR and D60LF for me :P

 

D40LFRs in my case. I could care less on shuttles, unless it’s the S1300s, which I want them gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Firebrand said:

 

D40LFRs in my case. I could care less on shuttles, unless it’s the S1300s, which I want them gone.

I wish the ARBOCs were in Surrey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, popillil said:

I wish the ARBOCs were in Surrey.

Yup. Ever try riding on a rattling Girardin on the express portion of the 337, Saturday, Sunday and holidays?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Yup. Ever try riding on a rattling Girardin on the express portion of the 337, Saturday, Sunday and holidays?

Nope, but they rattle like crazy on the former shutttle only 388, and the 370.

 

But the new 18500 Girardin G5s are pretty smooth

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, popillil said:

Nope, but they rattle like crazy on the former shutttle only 388, and the 370.

 

But the new 18500 Girardin G5s are pretty smooth

Oh. Is the wheelchair ramp secured better? In my experience that's the thing that causes the most rattling. The bars and glass panels do shake a little, but it's really the ramp that's the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Oh. Is the wheelchair ramp secured better? In my experience that's the thing that causes the most rattling. The bars and glass panels do shake a little, but it's really the ramp that's the worst.

Seems like it. Also the rear seats too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Do the latest G5s still have the stop request mounted up high with vertical extensions running down?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The following shuttles are at WCR today:

S302

S304

S1301

S1309

A few other 1300 series Aerotechs I can't see the numbers of due to HandyDARTs in the way

A few 24-passenger short body Aero Elites painted white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×