Community Shuttle Retirement/Storage Watch

Community Shuttle

20 hours ago, Blake M said:

I'm also telling you right now, as a Calgarian, be thankful for having the pull cords. The buttons a) don't work about two minutes after the bus has entered service, b) have to be replaced about once every two days, and c) TRIGGER THE STOP REQUEST BELL EVERY SINGLE BUMP IN THE ROAD

I'm also telling you right now, as a Hatter, be thankful for anything to request a stop at all. Whenever a bus breaks down, they put whatever spare Special Transit bus in its place. Usually, these are 7 seaters without stop request signs. They fill up fast.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like TransLink is making WCR repaint shuttles before selling them off now. There are a few white GMC shuttles with telltale signs of previous ownership in the WCR lot and the paint looks super fresh, along with a Handy Dart that had the yellow part repainted black. I guess removing the vinyl from shuttles still leaves them looking too much like TransLink buses (and that's actually true because I've been thrown off by the shuttle Ace runs for Accent Inns).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It is now confirmed that TransLink is repainting shuttles before selling them as there is an S1300 Aerotech painted white in the WCR lot. They still go to All Tune Car Care in Richmond to be stripped of vinyls (two Aero Elites there right now, being stripped), but they make one more stop at an unknown paint shop before going back to WCR for transfer to Repo.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...