Community Shuttle Retirement/Storage Watch

Community Shuttle

S1302 and S1320 were spotted at the auctioneer's. This means:

1. WVMT is now all Arboc

2. WVMT no longer has any active high floor units

3. There are no more active 2013 shuttles (since 1302 was the last one, and 1321 doesn't count now that it's a Handy Dart)

An era has ended for WVMT shuttle fans and a new one has officially begun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tsawwassen Ferry Park and Go, a privately owned parking facility with a shuttle service, has permanently closed and is listing vehicles for sale. As a result, S302-S304 are back on the market and looking for new homes: https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/cto/d/delta-southwest-passenger-bus/7158602965.html

• 8 months later...
On 4/2/2021 at 12:38 PM, Express691 said:

Someone ran by HTC and spotted 16554 with an absent destination sign and front grill. Could still be there right now. It may be indicitave of retirement but who knows?

I'll add that community shuttles tend to last 5 to 7 years with TransLink.

Just curious, since some buses go well over a million miles (looking at you, D40LFs), what kind of mileage does a Community Shuttle accumulate? Since they're based on vans for the most part, I would assume 200,000km-400,000km? The GM van in my family is going on 600,000km and is definitely not in great mechanical condition. 

On 4/2/2021 at 12:38 PM, Express691 said:

Someone ran by HTC and spotted 16554 with an absent destination sign and front grill. Could still be there right now. It may be indicitave of retirement but who knows?

I'll add that community shuttles tend to last 5 to 7 years with TransLink.

Sounds like they might be using it as a parts bus. It is at the 5 year mark and I wouldn't be surprised if it's in bad enough shape to be retired, especially with the new Arboc order on the way. I get removing the destination sign before sending it off to WC Remarketing (has been done with some shuttles in the past) but the front grille?

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2021 at 9:09 AM, InfiNorth said:

Just curious, since some buses go well over a million miles (looking at you, D40LFs), what kind of mileage does a Community Shuttle accumulate? Since they're based on vans for the most part, I would assume 200,000km-400,000km? The GM van in my family is going on 600,000km and is definitely not in great mechanical condition. 

Looking at ex-transit shuttles on Craigslist would give you an idea

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First 2016 G5 on the market:

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/ctd/d/langley-township-northwest-2016/7331410335.html

Strange how they would remove the front sign and other electronics but leave the rear sign (pretty much useless) in the bus. At least the buyer willing to pay that ridiculous price will most likely remove it.

2 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

First 2016 G5 on the market:

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/ctd/d/langley-township-northwest-2016/7331410335.html

Strange how they would remove the front sign and other electronics but leave the rear sign (pretty much useless) in the bus. At least the buyer willing to pay that ridiculous price will most likely remove it.

Who wouldn’t want to pay $29k for a shuttle with over 300km in mileage? I wouldn’t be surprised if most of these just end up getting scrapped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A big BUMP to this thread, But former S1309 has been located!  I've seen it a couple times in Abbotsford, BC, and I believe it's currently being used as the campus shuttle for the University of the Fraser Valley to shuttle students between the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campuses.  It's got decals for Canadian Craft Tours on the side of the bus.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...