Sign in to follow this  
OCTranspoMaster

CPTDB Reached new "Most Online" Record

3 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Hmmm, I wonder what was so special about that particular time/date?

Me too. Maybe a special update to that trendy game "Fort Nite"?

8 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Hmmm, I wonder what was so special about that particular time/date?

Probably nothing, after all that time is based up on your computers time. For me it shows as 10:51AM for the most online.

I'm also curious how accurate that number is and the technical "stuff" behind it. 2479 users at once seems a bit excessive... to jump from 863 from 5+ years ago to 2479 in 2019 without anything in between in all of these years seems a bit odd. In fact, I always wrote the 863 number off as being an anomaly. Perhaps lots bots visiting for Google or Wikipedia or perhaps even something more malicious in the way of bots (advertising related?, attack?, spamming attempts?).

8 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Probably nothing, after all that time is based up on your computers time. For me it shows as 10:51AM for the most online.

I'm also curious how accurate that number is and the technical "stuff" behind it. 2479 users at once seems a bit excessive... to jump from 863 from 5+ years ago to 2479 in 2019 without anything in between in all of these years seems a bit odd. In fact, I always wrote the 863 number off as being an anomaly. Perhaps lots bots visiting for Google or Wikipedia or perhaps even something more malicious in the way of bots (advertising related?, attack?, spamming attempts?).

I was going to say is probably a server related thing. Hell that number is probably already surpassed after what happened in Ottawa yesterday...