Sign in to follow this  

2019 Transit Fanning goals

Leave your goals for transit fanning here. Two of my goals are photographing other GTA transit systems and broadening my inventory of memorabilia.

• Like 3

I would like to ride on more TTC hybrids from Mount Dennis and Wilson. I would also like to ride more clrv, alrv, and flexities. I believe I have around 5-8 flexities left to ride on between 4400-4449.

• Like 1

I would also like to cherish the ALRV before their conversion to soup cans.

• Like 2

Photograph as much of the TTC 7900s and 8000s as I can is the only one that comes to mind. And get more photos of the Novas with the new driver windows, including hybrids.

• Like 2

Another four-continent tour for me just like in 2017. Definitely lots of time in the Southern Hemisphere to escape the brutal Canadian summer.

Ottawa:

• The Confederation Line

Vancouver:

• New double-decker buses

London:

• When the Crossrail Elizabeth Line finally opens, I will ride the entire line, explore all the new stations, and lots and lots of photos.
  • Overground Class 710
  • And maybe Greater Anglia Class 720.

Helsinki:

• Ride the Länsimetro extension that opened in November 2017. Will explore all stations and lots of photos.
  • More photos and video of their fantastic VR commuter rail system.

Hong Kong:

• Ride the Tuen Ma Line extension if it opens (I doubt it will) (Tai Wai <-> Diamond Hill <-> Hung Hom)
  • New Rotem trains on the East Rail Line

Auckland:

• More train and bus videos

Wellington:

• Trains and their new double-deckers.

Aviation:

• More videos of Air New Zealand's 787-9
  • Maybe also Air New Zealand's A321neo
  • If I transit through Australia between HK and New Zealand, maybe also Qantas' 787-9
  • Wanaka Skydive

This year I want to do more fanning in the farther away communities as I have been mostly sticking to 69 St Station and Westbrook Station (although I did take a ride on the 3 last December, which is something I should do more often.)

This year I would like to ride and catch as many pictures of the retiring Translink D40LFs, D60LFs and ORION Vs 

My goal is to ride our new OC Transpo LFSs and get as many Orion VII hybrid rides as possible. The Orions will be retiring and will mark the end of an era at OC Transpo.

I actually have some soft spots for those buses. I like the actual bus itself but I think OC messed up by going hybrid instead of diesel. Had they went with the ISL and the B400R, they might have beaten the Inveroes that are also planned to be retiring, although not all will be retired. 

Other plans? If time permits, I may go to Toronto and see what they have to offer there. I want to see what TTC buses are like, especially the OG VIIs and LFSs. I've never been to Toronto except for one time back in 2012 when they still had the later Orion Vs, D40LFs, and S50 VIIs running in full force.

STO (Gatineau transit system, although it does provide service into some parts of Ottawa) is pretty much LFS land. There's nothing of interest except for eight ex-Calgary Classics (used as spares currently) at the moment.

• Like 3

On 1/1/2019 at 10:24 PM, anyfong said:

Definitely lots of time in the Southern Hemisphere to escape the brutal Canadian summer. ...snip...

And the Canadian winter is not? ☺️

The rollout of Flexity cars on all routes should be complete this year so I hope to ride them on the full length of all routes where I have not already done so: that is, the 501, 502, 503, 505, 506, and 511.

I want to track down and ride each model of CNG bus Calgary has (XN40, 2013 LFS CNG, 2018/19 LFS CNG. 

I also want to ride 7558 (if she isn't gone already), as well as some more 1996/1999 D40LF's.

If I visit Edmonton, I want to ride some D60LF's and some 1998 D40LF's.