dover5949

2019 Garage Transfers

21 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

My hypothesis as of now:

The 2019 XDE60s will all be out of BTC

All the 2018 XDE60s will be based out of HTC, STC, and PTC.

If that were the case it would be ironic as the 18000s were shipped with the B prefix attached and the 19000s were shipped without a prefix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

??? C40LFRs aren’t supposed to be retired yet. Aren’t they???

A single XN40 transfers to PTC and your immediate thought is that they retired a C40LFR?

Not sure why they wouldn't have just transferred one of the last 3 2014 units at HTC but consistency isn't key when it comes to transfers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Yes

9673 to VTC as well

What is going on with all these rapid transfers??? Must be because of the C40LFR retirement. I did hear rumors about it on discord; Another order of aproximately 48 Nova BAE Hybrids has been ordered for VTC allowing them to transfer all of their 2009 Nova Hybrids, as well as maybe a few 2018 BAEs to HTC so they can send off their XN40s to PTC.

Not trying to be annoying; this was something I actually read on discord.

18 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

Must be because of the C40LFR retirement.

Can you please elaborate on your reasoning why TransLink is currently the C40LFR’s. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Can you please elaborate on your reasoning why TransLink is currently the C40LFR’s. 

Well, the 6 1998 C40LFs had about a 13 year lifespan which is where these C40LFRs are at now.

Or perhaps they have multiple units out for refurbishment and are at a case where they need more busses.

1 hour ago, Evan Hancock said:

Not trying to be annoying; this was something I actually read on discord.

"I read it on the internet, it must be true!"

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Express691 said:

16014 to PCT
14041 to PCT
16006 to PCT
16039 to PCT
16050 to PCT
18200 to PCT
18045 to PCT
9678 to VTC
9525 to HTC
9506 to HTC
9527 to HTC

I'm thinking that these buses are just standing in for all the bo'ed buses at PCT and transfered out buses at HTC and VTC  as a result. From what I heard there are quite a bit of bo'ed Orion Vs there. That and a strike related backlog.

1 hour ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

I'm thinking that these buses are just standing in for all the bo'ed buses at PCT and transfered out buses at HTC and VTC  as a result. From what I heard there are quite a bit of bo'ed Orion Vs there. That and a strike related backlog.

There wasn't any overtime for mechanics. So if there was no mechanic available then yes a back log happens. Can't just have that many boed buses in shop without sending in some spares. 

This'll make more sense. Since it may be time to retire orions left there, send remaining 19s to ptc. They had nothing new since 2014 xn40s, shuttles that turned into crap to replace with what they have now, and the xde60s. Those de60lfr are very used but only 10 years old max. 

Ps: give surrey back their 18200 unit! I'll trade another unit instead!

• Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Busmanic92 said:

There wasn't any overtime for mechanics. So if there was no mechanic available then yes a back log happens. Can't just have that many boed buses in shop without sending in some spares. 

This'll make more sense. Since it may be time to retire orions left there, send remaining 19s to ptc. They had nothing new since 2014 xn40s, shuttles that turned into crap to replace with what they have now, and the xde60s. Those de60lfr are very used but only 10 years old max. 

Ps: give surrey back their 18200 unit! I'll trade another unit instead!

My point exactly. Surrey wants their units back anyway.

5 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Ok, now this is getting out of hand...

The last few posts have confused me. There’s not a single depot that has ever explicitly said that they want specific buses. Regardless of type, or fleet number. Or even specific models. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, translink said:

The last few posts have confused me. There’s not a single depot that has ever explicitly said that they want specific buses. Regardless of type, or fleet number. Or even specific models. 

Yessir... there's three lines of thought happening in these posts...

1. "I honestly don't care"

2. "STC should have 18200 back and HTC should be all Nova"

3. "Translink should organize their fleets a little for consistency instead of throwing buses all over the place."

Every member here knows which camp they belong to, and maybe we need to draw the fine line between transit enthusiasm, incoherence, and completely uninterested.

Just sayin'.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyingPig said:

18176 is at Poco and is on 51/181, which includes community shuttle trips until 9pm. Some special trips include: 181, 182, 184, and 175.

Not necessarily true as it was supposedly swapped out early into its shift