2019 Garage Transfers

dover5949

21 hours ago, Express691 said:

No because those RTC artics are for the 49, and the deckers are replacing the older Orions

Won't 25 2012s + 26 2016s be enough for 49 + 480 (assuming fewer 480 trips overall, and more 480 trips with 40 footers)? The 8 2015s could go to BTC?

2 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Is translink going to swap P18033 and S18037? Since it's a long term transfer, I think it would be nicer to have a continuous line of buses.

If they want to keep a continuous set, I think there will be more swaps since 23 buses won't be enough for the R4.

2 hours ago, briguychau said:

Won't 25 2012s + 26 2016s be enough for 49 + 480 (assuming fewer 480 trips overall, and more 480 trips with 40 footers)? The 8 2015s could go to BTC?

Peak output 49 is 32 buses, while for the 480 now is 11.

The 480 will go to however many buses there are out now for midday 15 minute service which is 7 (maybe 6 if theyre just going NIS after the trip).

Add spare ratio and you need 49/50 buses assuming the 480 is all artics.

If RTC wants to still increase the 49, its all up to whether or not there is room along 49th to take on extra buses.

2 hours ago, briguychau said:

If they want to keep a continuous set, I think there will be more swaps since 23 buses won't be enough for the R4.

Yes that wont be enough for R4 with the 23 buses they have now. Then you have R1 going up to 7.5 minutes peak. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Citaro said:

It kind of looks like PTC is binging on XDE60s until R2 is ready to begin operation(?). It’s odd to see them with this many, or is this in fact what they require?

It's way more than how many they actually need, which is probably going to be 9 or 10 on the run with 2 spare at every 10 minutes.

Could also be a strike-related shortage. Maybe an orion shortage.

Even if they still want artics on 701, 15 Rapidbuses at PCT is a bit excessive IMO, so I'm inclined to say that this is a strike shortage.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

It's way more than how many they actually need, which is probably going to be 9 or 10 on the run with 2 spare at every 10 minutes.

Could also be a strike-related shortage. Maybe an orion shortage.

Even if they still want artics on 701, 15 Rapidbuses at PCT is a bit excessive IMO, so I'm inclined to say that this is a strike shortage.

Maintainence line is really long at PTC, and many of the buses in that line are Orions. By getting artics on the 555, they're alleviating wait times on that major route.

30 minutes ago, briguychau said:

Also HTC will need more artics for the R4. Some of these will probably go to HTC by January (or if they want to preserve consecutive numbers, some will go to STC and the STC ones will go to HTC).

unless this is maintenance related, 18035-37 have not been in service for a while

2 minutes ago, cleowin said:

I'm still confused how they are going to address routes that aren't RapidBus, the amount of new vehicles coming in create a surplus of RapidBus units, shouldnt TL request some of the 2019's to come in standard livery?

There's enough non-rapidbus artics, assuming the 701 goes down to 40ft service.

21 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

My hypothesis as of now:

The 2019 XDE60s will all be out of BTC

All the 2018 XDE60s will be based out of HTC, STC, and PTC.

If that were the case it would be ironic as the 18000s were shipped with the B prefix attached and the 19000s were shipped without a prefix.

• Like 1