dover5949

2019 Garage Transfers

Does anyone know what 60 footers HTC will receive before Monday?

also will btc be running below capacity until the rapidbus begins?

Since the 43 will be rapid bus likely the 19000's and same with STC for the 96. The 15000's could be used for the 503.

BTC should be ok since they lost the 43. But we will find out in a day or two!

My guess is that HTC will get all 21 in-service BTC 2019s, since the 43 needs around 17 buses at peak anyway.

I personally think that STC will get 2018s, and not 2019s. Not sure if they'll get VTC's buses or BTC's, but I think they'll get 13-15 of them in total.

BTC currently has 13 more artics compared with January 2019 (113 total), so even if BTC loses a bunch it should be OK. If we assume HTC gets 21 2019s and STC gets 15 2018s from BTC, that leaves BTC with 77 artics (39 DE60LFR + 38), which should be sufficient for the 44, 95, 99, and 257 with a spare ratio of around 10%.

Speaking of VTC's RapidBus artics, are they only there for the summer, or for a slightly longer period of time? If they're only there for the summer, I think it'll be more likely that STC will get that batch + a few more from BTC (i.e. 18001-18015).

15 minutes ago, briguychau said:

My guess is that HTC will get all 21 in-service BTC 2019s, since the 43 needs around 17 buses at peak anyway.

I personally think that STC will get 2018s, and not 2019s. Not sure if they'll get VTC's buses or BTC's, but I think they'll get 13-15 of them in total.

BTC currently has 13 more artics compared with January 2019 (113 total), so even if BTC loses a bunch it should be OK. If we assume HTC gets 21 2019s and STC gets 15 2018s from BTC, that leaves BTC with 77 artics (39 DE60LFR + 38), which should be sufficient for the 44, 95, 99, and 257 with a spare ratio of around 10%.

Speaking of VTC's RapidBus artics, are they only there for the summer, or for a slightly longer period of time? If they're only there for the summer, I think it'll be more likely that STC will get that batch + a few more from BTC (i.e. 18001-18015).

Add the Marine Dr RapidBus in North Van to that list.

40 minutes ago, cleowin said:

Add the Marine Dr RapidBus in North Van to that list.

Well that's not until January, and I imagine VTC will have no more RapidBus buses by then, and some artics will transfer back from RTC to BTC once the deckers come in. The list for BTC I listed is just my estimate for Monday when new operations take affect.

5 minutes ago, briguychau said:

Max output for the 43 is 24 buses.

44 minutes ago, briguychau said:

Well that's not until January, and I imagine VTC will have no more RapidBus buses by then, and some artics will transfer back from RTC to BTC once the deckers come in. The list for BTC I listed is just my estimate for Monday when new operations take affect.

I'm pretty sure RTC won't be losing any artics as there are 28 2018/19 XDE60s that still haven't entered service yet. With the 49 realignment along Wesbrook Mall in January I'd assume there will be a boost in frequency to reduce overcrowding, since the 620 only uses a maximum of about 6 artics per day, depending on the day, it would make more sense to move those units over to the 49. 

25 minutes ago, 8010 said:

I'm pretty sure RTC won't be losing any artics as there are 28 2018/19 XDE60s that still haven't entered service yet. With the 49 realignment along Wesbrook Mall in January I'd assume there will be a boost in frequency to reduce overcrowding, since the 620 only uses a maximum of about 6 artics per day, depending on the day, it would make more sense to move those units over to the 49. 

And when the 620 gets the Double deckers that will be extra artics for the 49 🙂

6 hours ago, cleowin said:

Does anyone know what 60 footers HTC will receive before Monday?

also will btc be running below capacity until the rapidbus begins?

I drove by HTC earlier this afternoon and I’m pretty sure I saw several XDE60’s with the compass card wrap. 

31 minutes ago, Express691 said:

18028 at STC

None of 18001–18032 made it out yesterday

And by the looks of it the same thing is happening today.

14 hours ago, Express691 said:

9235 is at RTC this evening.

So I guess if its "Bye bye comfortable high back Orion Vs from STC" maybe they should reconfigure the 2015 XDE60s with these seats; and maybe RTC could do the same with the Nova suburbans

https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Products-and-Services/Commercial-Aviation/Cabin-Interiors/Seating-Products/Economy-Class.aspx

5 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

So I guess if its "Bye bye comfortable high back Orion Vs from STC" maybe they should reconfigure the 2015 XDE60s with these seats; and maybe RTC could do the same with the Nova suburbans

https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Products-and-Services/Commercial-Aviation/Cabin-Interiors/Seating-Products/Economy-Class.aspx

No need, dont ask why

====

Next

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

... I... what? How... okay uhh that... will not fit inside the buses. So... uhh... maybe... look at something likkkkkkkeeeeee.... thhhhhisssss? https://www.usscgroup.com/products/gt-transit/

• Like 1

If we add up these facts:

If we add up these facts:
1) 18001-18032 havent been out since Friday
2) 18018 to HTC, 18028 to STC
3) Peak output for the 43 is 24 buses

At least 18001-18020 will be out of HTC

The higher 18020s (18027-18030) will be out of STC (Someone I know saw some art buses and a Tapidbus at STC earlier this morning).