Jump to content
dover5949

2019 Garage Transfers

Recommended Posts

On 7/6/2019 at 10:40 PM, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

Did anyone see 8036 in Poco? Wondering if it was transferred.

It wasn't. It's behind the shop at RTC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

It wasn't. It's behind the shop at RTC.

And is 8028 and 8073 still active despite receiving more 2015 XDE60 over the weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Phillip said:

And is 8028 and 8073 still active despite receiving more 2015 XDE60 over the weekend?

I saw 8028 on the 49 this morning, passed right in front of me as I was waiting for another bus.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Express691 said:

Returning to PoCo are 14037 and 14038

 

The way its going, HtC is going to be all Nova HEV's. All the good vehicles being moved out , its not fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cleowin said:

The way its going, HtC is going to be all Nova HEV's. All the good vehicles being moved out , its not fun!

47 2019 XN40s coming though 

9215 to PTC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

Why so many Orion Vs to Poco?

Recent bookouts (notably AM rush) have been XN40s.

Orions get higher priority on 555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

I guess there is an Orion shortage in Poco I take it?

That and the 503 being an artic route come September. Alongside the 301 going to RTC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Danthetransitfan8074 said:

Oh god I hope they send those 2015 XDE60s before then.

I'd imagine Surrey would get a fleet of RapidBus XDE60s and then current 2015s would be used on the 503

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, briguychau said:

I'd imagine Surrey would get a fleet of RapidBus XDE60s and then current 2015s would be used on the 503

Good discussion/points, each of you.

96 is RapidBus come January 2020. Then you have 502/503 realignment on top of Orion fleet dispersal.

The 96 situation in Surrey has become particularly bad: Today there were 3 standard buses on that route. Personally, I would like CMBC to transfer in some 15000s early in order as these 19000s are coming in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless someone can tell me a good reason why it has to be this way, I think booking out anything but artics on the 96 at this point is just complete carelessness towards the customer experience in Surrey. It's time SoF got a fair deal on vehicle allocation, not to mention service hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Large Cat said:

Unless someone can tell me a good reason why it has to be this way, I think booking out anything but artics on the 96 at this point is just complete carelessness towards the customer experience in Surrey. It's time SoF got a fair deal on vehicle allocation, not to mention service hours.

I think there's some maintenance being done on the XDE60s in Surrey, but that's still no reason why they choose to send the 15000s to Richmond instead of Surrey. To me it seems like they just want to push the D60LFs out of Richmond as quickly as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 8010 said:

I think there's some maintenance being done on the XDE60s in Surrey, but that's still no reason why they choose to send the 15000s to Richmond instead of Surrey. To me it seems like they just want to push the D60LFs out of Richmond as quickly as possible.

We can study the patterns in the recent fleet reallocation:

All D40LFs are in Surrey. There are 41 units total, an almost 1 to 1 replacement with the 47 2019 XN40's. Not only can we make a fair conclusion on the reason of the mass 40' transfers a couple months ago, we can also say that likely the 47 replacements will go to STC.

All D60LFs are in Poco. This is likely because, come January, they will be replaced by Rapidbus units on the R701. The D60LFRs there now will be used exclusively on the 143/145. We can conclude that these units were sent because there is an imminent replacement ahead.

In the end, it isn't so horrendous that the 2015 XDE60's were sent to RTC. It's just a way to temporarily fill the gap so they can finally kill the D40LF/D60LFs. And with the extra D40LFs at Surrey, they are able to send a 40' on the 96, which is better then sending nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

And with the extra D40LFs at Surrey, they are able to send a 40' on the 96, which is better then sending nothing.

Which is still "ignorant" considering they are in a phase of bus delivery. 

While having a standard bus on the 96 is better than having nothing on the 96, it would be more acceptable in a time when we are not putting any buses into service, versus now while we are putting artics into service.

mfb.translink.ca go here and address the concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...