2019 Garage Transfers

dover5949

46 minutes ago, briguychau said:

I'd imagine Surrey would get a fleet of RapidBus XDE60s and then current 2015s would be used on the 503

Good discussion/points, each of you.

96 is RapidBus come January 2020. Then you have 502/503 realignment on top of Orion fleet dispersal.

The 96 situation in Surrey has become particularly bad: Today there were 3 standard buses on that route. Personally, I would like CMBC to transfer in some 15000s early in order as these 19000s are coming in.

Unless someone can tell me a good reason why it has to be this way, I think booking out anything but artics on the 96 at this point is just complete carelessness towards the customer experience in Surrey. It's time SoF got a fair deal on vehicle allocation, not to mention service hours.

9 hours ago, Large Cat said:

Unless someone can tell me a good reason why it has to be this way, I think booking out anything but artics on the 96 at this point is just complete carelessness towards the customer experience in Surrey. It's time SoF got a fair deal on vehicle allocation, not to mention service hours.

I thinkĀ there's some maintenance being done on the XDE60s inĀ Surrey, but that's still no reason why they choose to send the 15000s to Richmond instead of Surrey. To me it seems like they just want to push the D60LFs out of Richmond as quickly as possible.

7 hours ago, 8010 said:

I thinkĀ there's some maintenance being done on the XDE60s inĀ Surrey, but that's still no reason why they choose to send the 15000s to Richmond instead of Surrey. To me it seems like they just want to push the D60LFs out of Richmond as quickly as possible.

We can study the patterns in the recent fleet reallocation:

All D40LFs are in Surrey. There are 41 units total, an almost 1 to 1 replacement with the 47 2019 XN40's. Not only can we make a fair conclusion on the reason of the mass 40' transfers a couple months ago, we can also say that likely the 47 replacements will go to STC.

All D60LFs are in Poco. This is likely because, come January, they will be replaced by Rapidbus units on the R701. The D60LFRs there now will be used exclusively on the 143/145. We can conclude that these units were sent because there is an imminent replacement ahead.

In the end, it isn't so horrendous that the 2015 XDE60's were sent to RTC. It's just a way to temporarily fill the gap so they can finally kill the D40LF/D60LFs. And with the extra D40LFs at Surrey, they are able to send a 40' on the 96, which is better then sending nothing.

3 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

And with the extra D40LFs at Surrey, they are able to send a 40' on the 96, which is better then sending nothing.

Which is still "ignorant" considering they are in a phase of bus delivery.Ā 

While having a standard bus on the 96 is better than having nothing on the 96, it would be more acceptable in a time when we are not putting any buses into service, versus now while we are putting artics into service.

mfb.translink.ca go here and address the concerns.