2019 Garage Transfers

dover5949

2 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

Saw 9474 headed WB on the Upper Levels hwy past Taylor Way, anyone have any idea where it could've headed???

Perhaps BC Transit Whistler snuck down to VTC to take a random bus; I hope CMBC gets notified soon...

Last revenue service day was January 20 on a 7

2 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

Saw 9474 headed WB on the Upper Levels hwy past Taylor Way, anyone have any idea where it could've headed???

Perhaps BC Transit Whistler snuck down to VTC to take a random bus; I hope CMBC gets notified soon...

11 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Saw it stopped on Lougheed Hwy by Rupert St with its four-ways on last week.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:03 PM, dover5949 said:

But could someone please tell me where 9474 could be headed??? Whistler, Squamish? Nanaimo? Alaska?

It was spotted on Wednesday morning just before 8:30 just merging onto WB Upper Levels Highway from Taylor Way

Thanks

57 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

But could someone please tell me where 9474 could be headed??? Whistler, Squamish? Nanaimo? Alaska?

It was spotted on Wednesday morning just before 8:30 just merging onto WB Upper Levels Highway from Taylor Way

Thanks

It probably wasn't going anywhere, most likely it was out on a test run and whoever was driving decided to go somewhere scenic to get the needed km's before heading back to VTC.  

• Like 1

it's not unusual for buses to be "out of place" on maintenance runs requiring lots of KM's or just simply a long drive to diagnose and/or make sure a repair is effective.  I've seen VTC nova's on Hwy 99 heading towards White Rock before being driven by maintenance personnel and they've usually got the laptop with them monitoring things.   

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 9:39 PM, Evan Hancock said:

Thanks

New Bowen express bus! Better than the Orion.

4 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

I don't see what the big difference was to swap these 4 around in the first place? Same year & model. 

8105 and 8110 are 2007 D60LFR's 
8120 and 8121 are 2009 DE60LFR's 

Makes more sense to have the diesels at Poco rather than having Hybrids. 

1 minute ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

8105 and 8110 are 2007 D60LFR's 
8120 and 8121 are 2009 DE60LFR's 

Makes more sense to have the diesels at Poco rather than having Hybrids. 

Ok my mistake I shall take that back

Why not just transfer the DE60LFRs to either RTC or STC where the artic routes have little to no hills and transfer the remaining D60LFs and/or XDE60s to BTC and PTC in Spetember? At least XDE60s can climb hills compared to the DE60LFRs.