2019 Garage Transfers

dover5949

18 minutes ago, GORDOOM said:

I hate to say it, @Citaro, but this makes sense. WVMT doesn’t need to have a whole bunch of different subfleets making maintenance a bigger challenge.

I was mostly joking, but what you say does make some sense; maintenance would be easier if their fleet was more standardized. However, West Van's fleet isn't particularly varied as is. With the D40LFs being phased out, they'll soon have just two different types of conventional buses, and when the Novas are swapped out, they will have just one type. Given that the powertrain is very similar (if not exactly the same) among LFS's and XD40s, and that West Van has had Novas for well over a decade, I'm not sure I understand the necessity of this change (at this point, they know how they operate).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dover5949 said:

9543 from VTC to RTC, 9458 & 9477 from VTC to HTC as of this morning

Someone in RTC already found the Rudolph Nose Light switch. ?

Also, on that topic, 7184 also still has the Rudolph Nose Light switch, or at least the label indicating where it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phillip said:

8062 is at RTC. So BTC is getting rid of their D60LF'S first and RTC gets the pass downs.... for now ?

Interesting,

So I am on 8006 and checked it’s insurance and it doesn’t expire until January 2020 but it probably won’t last that long despite it being a very smooth ride and it’s engine not complaining too much. But who knows, the bus gods might be in its favour 

2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Interesting,

So I am on 8006 and checked it’s insurance and it doesn’t expire until January 2020 but it probably won’t last that long despite it being a very smooth ride and it’s engine not complaining too much. But who knows, the bus gods might be in its favour 

Yeah, 8006 just had it's inspection a few weeks ago to have it renewed. I had it a few weeks ago on my 49 and it lacked power on acceleration, then the driver who relived me later BO'd the bus because the brake retarder stopped working, spent a few days in the shop and is now running much better ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Somehow... 9610 is in HTC.

It looks like yesterday it was on a 130 block until around 2200, at which point it got put on the 144 - presumably because a bus BO'd and they needed something to replace it. Then it just got brought back to HTC instead of BTC

4 hours ago, Mountie said:

Saw 9610 on the back of a Unitow about 10 minutes ago headed WB on Kingsway at Royal Oak, presumably going back to BTC.

Edit: T-Comm history shows 9610 never completed its block on the 106, with 9464 taking over.

Well BTC is full, so no surprise they'd transfer some of their buses