Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

dover5949

2019 Garage Transfers

Why do we have to keep renewing the garage transfer thread every year? Is there any point in this other than "tradition"? Why can't we just have a permanent garage transfer thread?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, SkyTrain said:

Why do we have to keep renewing the garage transfer thread every year? Is there any point in this other than "tradition"? Why can't we just have a permanent garage transfer thread?

Because some people like to see their handles out there with the various "official" and "2019" threads...

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Benton Harper said:

Because some people like to see their handles out there with the various "official" and "2019" threads...

I myself like to look back year to year of what was transferred between depots. Almost like keeping a paper trail.

8 hours ago, dover5949 said:

I myself like to look back year to year of what was transferred between depots. Almost like keeping a paper trail.

I don’t mean to rain on your parade, but you can still do that in a single amalgamated thread accounting for all years. I also doubt anyone looks back to see what moved where and when past the present year.

I had 9563 on the 311 this afternoon, still had a V prefix. I was getting messages from tcomm that was for VTC operators 😀

• Haha 1

7192, 7197, 7215 and 7287 have officially joined the Training Department fleet at VTC.

I already suspected the first 3 but hadn't yet confirmed the fourth.

There is one more D40LF destined for this fleet in the coming weeks. (No, I don't know which one.)

It must be a game for RTC drivers, most probably hope for a NFI bus every day and cringe when they get a Nova... unless its suburban?

1 hour ago, SkyTrain said:

8048 to BTC

But why? 

Shouldn’t BTC be sending their D60LFs to other transit centres and putting those ugly new XDE60s in service, not receiving D60LFs from other garages.

37 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

But why? 

Shouldn’t BTC be sending their D60LFs to other transit centres and putting those ugly new XDE60s in service, not receiving D60LFs from other garages.

Perhaps BTC is swapping D60LFRs with PTC's D60LFs? Just a guess.