Transit Involved Collisions

Yeah, right.

2 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

(Quote me if I am wrong) I think the TTC just cares if the driver can drive bus and do his/her job not their behaviour unless they do something that will get them into trouble in regards to their behaviour.

(Quoted) Kinda means they DO care, doesnt it?

• Like 4

Just now, splendidwizardplayer said:

(Quote me if I am wrong) I think the TTC just cares if the driver can drive bus and do his/her job not their behaviour unless they do something that will get them into trouble in regards to their behaviour.

I was talking about the School Bus drivers, sorry if I wasn't clear. My personal experience with TTC drivers has been extremely positive, with the drivers avoiding many close calls over the years caused by bad motorists.

I was only onboard for a TTC accident once, on an old GM Fishbowl bus ~2001, on 31 Greenwood south. Not a fault of the operator, the car pulled out of its parking spot and side swiped the side of the bus. Barely felt it. I was sitting on the right side of the bus, so I had a perfect view. There were only about 10 passengers total, no injuries, and everyone just got off and went to the next stop to wait for another bus. I was the only one that stuck around and told the operator that I can stick around as a witness, or leave my phone number. A supervisor showed up fairly quickly, I think the Danforth bus garage was still operating then so someone was close by. I gave a statement and the operator and the supervisor were thankful that someone actually stuck around, even though it was pretty obvious from the minor damage to the bus side as to what happened and who was at fault.

11 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

my biggest pet peeve are those drivers who make a right hand turn from the left lane and yes right in front of the bus

Yeah, see that all the time. You must see it probably 10x a day, lol.

10 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

yup.

more than that sadly.  It is a miracle that I haven't took one out yet

I have. The dummy that hit me had new car for two weeks before hitting my bus. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

TTC 8946 involved in a collision with a vehicle at Kingston Rd & Celeste. was operating as a Eastbound 986 Express.

Not sure the severity of the collision.

10 minutes ago, MK78 said:

TTC 8946 involved in a collision with a vehicle at Kingston Rd & Celeste. was operating as a Eastbound 986 Express.

How is linking a tracker going to prove that 8946 was in a collision?

1 minute ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

How is linking a tracker going to prove that 8946 was in a collision?

Oh, I didn't realize I linked the tracker. I heard the report on the scanner, and looked it up on transsee, it was indeed stopped there, and i just cut & pasted the bus number, and it pasted the link.

If you want proof I'll post the scanner audio.

47 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Must've been minor, back on the route at Kennedy stn at the moment

• Like 1

Just now, Ultimate said:

Must've been minor, back on the route at Kennedy stn at the moment

Yeah, it swung around thru Galloway/Guildwood back to Kennedy. Not sure if it was in service or not going back to Kennedy, but it is now back Eastbound out of Kennedy

I just heard over the scanner that 3708 has been involved in an accident at Lawrence and Corona. Would this be the first accident involving a TTC E - Bus?

There apparently was a collision on Steeles Avenue East over the weekend involving two buses. I heard a Malvern LFS hybrid rear-ended another bus

4 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

There apparently was a collision on Steeles Avenue East over the weekend involving two buses. I heard a Malvern LFS hybrid rear-ended another bus

You heard wrong. It was on Shepherd, not Steeles. 

21 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

3466 and an unknown Nova artic (old livery).  I saw a video of it.  

Streetcar vs streetcar collision on Humber Loop, 4490 & 4493 involved, operator reportedly sustained injuries. Not sure how severe.

Edit: couldn't have been TOO serious, they're heading back to Leslie now.

Both cars ended up at Roncesvalles and both new skirts and bumpers. It wasn't as bad as it could have been.

TTC 1100 was involved in a collision with a BMW on the 6 bay.

seems to be some damage to the front door area.

Screenshot_20200516-015811_Instagram.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/16/2020 at 1:55 AM, H4 5600 said:

TTC 1100 was involved in a collision with a BMW on the 6 bay.

seems to be some damage to the front door area.

Screenshot_20200516-015811_Instagram.jpg

Hold on, a collision with a BMW on 6 Bay? On a Saturday? In the middle of a global pandemic?  People are starting to break.  If one of the type A personality narcissistic power suits finally broke down and went into the office like that...

An Arrow Rd LFS was hit at the rear doors by a fire truck responding to a call at Avenue Rd & Wilson Ave. The bus was eastbound on the 165 Weston Rd North route

• Like 1