Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

Transit Involved Collisions

Just now, Someguy3071 said:

That happens all the time. I've almost been hit there about 5 or 6 times while turning on a green. Some of them were more then 5 seconds after light changes. 🤦‍♂️ 

I was hit just last week turning on a green. Not much damage but still shook me up. First accident driving forTTC😔

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Someguy3071 said:

That happens all the time. I've almost been hit there about 5 or 6 times while turning on a green. Some of them were more then 5 seconds after light changes. 🤦‍♂️ 

even thought I have a green, I make sure all the traffic comes to a stop or slowing down before I proceed.  If I see some morons decided to blow through the red, I will blast my horn until they stop.  Some sadly don't and gave me a middle finger salute.  

15 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

even thought I have a green, I make sure all the traffic comes to a stop or slowing down before I proceed.  If I see some morons decided to blow through the red, I will blast my horn until they stop.  Some sadly don't and gave me a middle finger salute.  

I'm very liberal with my horn use 👍

Yeah that temporary setup on the north service road at Kennedy is really sketchy, I've been onboard for a few near misses there.

In the end as long as the operator is cleared of fault...who cares, I’ve been in so many cases where after I’ve had a solid green someone runs a light and they barely miss me, unfortunately it will never change. 

On January 22, 2019 at 8:32 PM, Someguy3071 said:

I'm very liberal with my horn use 👍

Excellent.  Same here.  And not only that, if I need to use the horn, and I see an Uber or Lyft decal on the vehicle I need to honk at, the horn button stays down.  It stays down for a looooooooooong time.

On January 22, 2019 at 8:16 PM, 7575 said:

I was hit just last week turning on a green. Not much damage but still shook me up. First accident driving forTTC😔

Ouch.  That sucks.  I hope the post-accident process went alright.

3 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

Ouch.  That sucks.  I hope the post-accident process went alright.

It went okay but it's not something I want to do again. 

On 2/1/2019 at 4:22 PM, TechnicaProductions said:

3403 just got hit by 9099 at STC

20190201_161310.jpg

The door on 3403 has been repaired. Spotted it at hillcrest yesterday, its still there today.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, H4 5600 said:

The door on 3403 has been repaired. Spotted it at hillcrest yesterday, its still there today.

Certainly won't be in service anytime soon.

7944 and 8608 were involved in accident on Highway 27 with a SUV. I didn't see any major damage to 8608, however I only saw the back of 7944, so I am not sure about that one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

7944 and 8608 were involved in accident on Highway 27 with a SUV. I didn't see any major damage to 8608, however I only saw the back of 7944, so I am not sure about that one.

8608 is now at Hillcrest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So this happened to 3400 at Finch and Warden this morning... So easy to point out with the old driver's window...

IMG_20190315_074141.jpg

These new LFS HEV's aren't having the best of luck. Quite a few of them smashed up in what seems mostly bus-on-bus collisions.

25 minutes ago, MK78 said:

These new LFS HEV's aren't having the best of luck. Quite a few of them smashed up in what seems mostly bus-on-bus collisions.

I call it the "magnet affect". 

7944 has re-entered service on route 73 Royal York. 8608 is parked with the dead buses at Hillcrest.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 7575 said:

7944 has re-entered service on route 73 Royal York. 8608 is parked with the dead buses at Hillcrest.

It re-entered service earlier this week.

1 minute ago, Shemar said:

It re-entered service earlier this week.

I didn't notice until today.

4 hours ago, MK78 said:

nah.  accidents happen every day.  The other day a Birchmount bus clipped the pole causing damages to openside mirrors.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

nah.  accidents happen every day.  The other day a Birchmount bus clipped the pole causing damages to openside mirrors.

That's true. And it doesn't help that they started entering service in a very snowy & slippery January & February.

TTC 4422 will be out for a bit... A blue Honda civic going the wrong way hit it head on @ Queens Quay and Rees  

IMG_20190523_170252.jpg

IMG_20190523_165814.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bessarion said:

TTC 4422 will be out for a bit... A blue Honda civic going through wrong way hit it head on @ Queens Quay and Rees  

IMG-20190523-WA0007.jpg

• Thanks 1