Jump to content
7575

Transit Involved Collisions

Recommended Posts

It seems like people usually post collisions in the MIA thread. Now we have a thread dedicated to reporting transit collisions. If a transit vehicle has been involved in a collision, post it here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leylandvictory2 said:

Is it necessary?  Everyday at least one TTC vehicle involved in a collision.

If it's really that minor, don't bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty negative title. Is this really necessary? There is the MIA thread for damage and news thread for that.

What is the next? someone will start one on transit related crimes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Pretty negative title. Is this really necessary? There is the MIA thread for damage and news thread for that.

What is the next? someone will start one on transit related crimes?

Even worse... buses that ran late

I bet some kid will come here and post pictures of old collisions dating all the way back to when the TTC wasn't even the TTC.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a pretty big one today at Kingston and Eglinton.  SUV ran the red light WB on Kingston while bus had green light making left from Eglinton.  SUV is a write off bus has some minor damage.   Sorry we don't have bus number at the moment maybe leylandvictory knows ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, 0=0 said:

There was a pretty big one today at Kingston and Eglinton.  SUV ran the red light WB on Kingston while bus had green light making left from Eglinton.  SUV is a write off bus has some minor damage.   Sorry we don't have bus number at the moment maybe leylandvictory knows ???

I think the number of the bus is 8927

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 0=0 said:

There was a pretty big one today at Kingston and Eglinton.  SUV ran the red light WB on Kingston while bus had green light making left from Eglinton.  SUV is a write off bus has some minor damage.   Sorry we don't have bus number at the moment maybe leylandvictory knows ???

Oh i passed by that one but there was no bus on scene (well there was a 116B parked in on its stop) so maybe it was that one? I saw no damage on it but maybe it was from the open side which was blocked from my view. The SUV had pretty good front end damage, it was still in the middle of the street. I'll try to rewind the scanner archive and see if I can hear the bus number from Transit Control.

Edit: It was 8927, on 116 Morningside route. Currently sitting at Hillcrest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MK78 said:

Oh i passed by that one but there was no bus on scene (well there was a 116B parked in on its stop) so maybe it was that one? I saw no damage on it but maybe it was from the open side which was blocked from my view. The SUV had pretty good front end damage, it was still in the middle of the street. I'll try to rewind the scanner archive and see if I can hear the bus number from Transit Control.

Edit: It was 8927, on 116 Morningside route. Currently sitting at Hillcrest.

the bus got t boned as it was making a left turn from Guildwood Parkway.  

Please don't ask me how I got the photos.  All I have to say is I have internal sources.  

49897509_10155635773545633_6197778936458379264_n.jpg

50557951_10156075922921903_3946568040098824192_o.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

the bus got t boned as it was making a left turn from Guildwood Parkway.  

Please don't ask me how I got the photos.  All I have to say is I have internal sources.  

49897509_10155635773545633_6197778936458379264_n.jpg

50557951_10156075922921903_3946568040098824192_o.jpg

Left turn from Eglinton onto Kingston Rd ** 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

This isn’t a contest guys.

Aww dang, you beat me to it!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

This isn’t a contest guys.

Eh, beats me why he posted it a few minutes after mine. Filling their post quota perhaps? 🤷‍♂️

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

From the MIA thread: 8695 crashed into the Scarborough RT fence at Lawrence East

Screenshot_2019-01-21-18-31-33-1.png

Ouch. Was is weather related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MK78 said:

Ouch. Was is weather related?

Speed, snow on the ground and the curved entrance played a factor in this. Friction just wasn't on the bus' side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7F5E7371-AE49-4C9A-B8E2-2F87790571A3.thumb.jpeg.731a632e10ec0fb320357c6168ddd420.jpeg

The thing sailed completely off the roadway like the Griswold family truckster. 

3B23166E-9C66-4AC9-BC76-ED82923EDE61.thumb.jpeg.88ec5f00ea4857d57ee77c316dc5e864.jpeg

Weather doesn’t cause that. Velocity does.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes, maybe the operator was an amateur drifter :D.

At Kennedy station once during heavy rain several years ago, one bus I was on that was turning around where the 116 & 57 bays are,  the bus drifted almost into the wall. Must have been some oil or coolant on the ground. Had there been a bus parked near the wall it would have hit for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the TTC considered using all weather tires on their buses rather than all season tires?

I know we live in an urban environment but it could help with traction when the temperature swings or on hills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

7F5E7371-AE49-4C9A-B8E2-2F87790571A3.thumb.jpeg.731a632e10ec0fb320357c6168ddd420.jpeg

The thing sailed completely off the roadway like the Griswold family truckster. 

3B23166E-9C66-4AC9-BC76-ED82923EDE61.thumb.jpeg.88ec5f00ea4857d57ee77c316dc5e864.jpeg

Weather doesn’t cause that. Velocity does.

LOL must have been an EX Kingston Transit driver, they are horrible drivers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shaun said:

Has the TTC considered using all weather tires on their buses rather than all season tires?

I know we live in an urban environment but it could help with traction when the temperature swings or on hills.

yes.  Management response: All weather tires won't make a difference on buses.  

People needs to learn to stop blowing through red lights at South Service roads.  I didn't take this photo.  

 

51182353_10156087979211903_4687512222929256448_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

yes.  Management response: All weather tires won't make a difference on buses.  

People needs to learn to stop blowing through red lights at South Service roads.  I didn't take this photo.  

 

51182353_10156087979211903_4687512222929256448_o.jpg

That happens all the time. I've almost been hit there about 5 or 6 times while turning on a green. Some of them were more then 5 seconds after light changes. 🤦‍♂️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...