Transit Involved Collisions

Yeah, right.

2 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

(Quote me if I am wrong) I think the TTC just cares if the driver can drive bus and do his/her job not their behaviour unless they do something that will get them into trouble in regards to their behaviour.

(Quoted) Kinda means they DO care, doesnt it?

• Like 4

Just now, splendidwizardplayer said:

(Quote me if I am wrong) I think the TTC just cares if the driver can drive bus and do his/her job not their behaviour unless they do something that will get them into trouble in regards to their behaviour.

I was talking about the School Bus drivers, sorry if I wasn't clear. My personal experience with TTC drivers has been extremely positive, with the drivers avoiding many close calls over the years caused by bad motorists.

I was only onboard for a TTC accident once, on an old GM Fishbowl bus ~2001, on 31 Greenwood south. Not a fault of the operator, the car pulled out of its parking spot and side swiped the side of the bus. Barely felt it. I was sitting on the right side of the bus, so I had a perfect view. There were only about 10 passengers total, no injuries, and everyone just got off and went to the next stop to wait for another bus. I was the only one that stuck around and told the operator that I can stick around as a witness, or leave my phone number. A supervisor showed up fairly quickly, I think the Danforth bus garage was still operating then so someone was close by. I gave a statement and the operator and the supervisor were thankful that someone actually stuck around, even though it was pretty obvious from the minor damage to the bus side as to what happened and who was at fault.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

How is linking a tracker going to prove that 8946 was in a collision?

Oh, I didn't realize I linked the tracker. I heard the report on the scanner, and looked it up on transsee, it was indeed stopped there, and i just cut & pasted the bus number, and it pasted the link.

If you want proof I'll post the scanner audio.

Just now, Ultimate said:

Must've been minor, back on the route at Kennedy stn at the moment

Yeah, it swung around thru Galloway/Guildwood back to Kennedy. Not sure if it was in service or not going back to Kennedy, but it is now back Eastbound out of Kennedy

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Streetcar vs streetcar collision on Humber Loop, 4490 & 4493 involved, operator reportedly sustained injuries. Not sure how severe.

Edit: couldn't have been TOO serious, they're heading back to Leslie now.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:55 AM, H4 5600 said:

TTC 1100 was involved in a collision with a BMW on the 6 bay.

seems to be some damage to the front door area.

Screenshot_20200516-015811_Instagram.jpg

Hold on, a collision with a BMW on 6 Bay? On a Saturday? In the middle of a global pandemic?  People are starting to break.  If one of the type A personality narcissistic power suits finally broke down and went into the office like that...

• 2 weeks later...