Transit Involved Collisions

Just now, Someguy3071 said:

That happens all the time. I've almost been hit there about 5 or 6 times while turning on a green. Some of them were more then 5 seconds after light changes. ?‍♂️ 

I was hit just last week turning on a green. Not much damage but still shook me up. First accident driving forTTC?

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Someguy3071 said:

That happens all the time. I've almost been hit there about 5 or 6 times while turning on a green. Some of them were more then 5 seconds after light changes. ?‍♂️ 

even thought I have a green, I make sure all the traffic comes to a stop or slowing down before I proceed.  If I see some morons decided to blow through the red, I will blast my horn until they stop.  Some sadly don't and gave me a middle finger salute.  

15 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

even thought I have a green, I make sure all the traffic comes to a stop or slowing down before I proceed.  If I see some morons decided to blow through the red, I will blast my horn until they stop.  Some sadly don't and gave me a middle finger salute.  

I'm very liberal with my horn use ?

• 2 weeks later...
On January 22, 2019 at 8:32 PM, Someguy3071 said:

I'm very liberal with my horn use ?

Excellent.  Same here.  And not only that, if I need to use the horn, and I see an Uber or Lyft decal on the vehicle I need to honk at, the horn button stays down.  It stays down for a looooooooooong time.

On January 22, 2019 at 8:16 PM, 7575 said:

I was hit just last week turning on a green. Not much damage but still shook me up. First accident driving forTTC?

Ouch.  That sucks.  I hope the post-accident process went alright.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

7944 and 8608 were involved in accident on Highway 27 with a SUV. I didn't see any major damage to 8608, however I only saw the back of 7944, so I am not sure about that one.

8608 is now at Hillcrest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

nah.  accidents happen every day.  The other day a Birchmount bus clipped the pole causing damages to openside mirrors.

That's true. And it doesn't help that they started entering service in a very snowy & slippery January & February.

• 2 months later...