Transit Involved Collisions

15 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Pretty negative title. Is this really necessary? There is the MIA thread for damage and news thread for that.

What is the next? someone will start one on transit related crimes?

Even worse... buses that ran late

I bet some kid will come here and post pictures of old collisions dating all the way back to when the TTC wasn't even the TTC.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

There was a pretty big one today at Kingston and Eglinton.  SUV ran the red light WB on Kingston while bus had green light making left from Eglinton.  SUV is a write off bus has some minor damage.   Sorry we don't have bus number at the moment maybe leylandvictory knows ???

54 minutes ago, 0=0 said:

There was a pretty big one today at Kingston and Eglinton.  SUV ran the red light WB on Kingston while bus had green light making left from Eglinton.  SUV is a write off bus has some minor damage.   Sorry we don't have bus number at the moment maybe leylandvictory knows ???

I think the number of the bus is 8927

1 hour ago, 0=0 said:

Oh i passed by that one but there was no bus on scene (well there was a 116B parked in on its stop) so maybe it was that one? I saw no damage on it but maybe it was from the open side which was blocked from my view. The SUV had pretty good front end damage, it was still in the middle of the street. I'll try to rewind the scanner archive and see if I can hear the bus number from Transit Control.

Edit: It was 8927, on 116 Morningside route. Currently sitting at Hillcrest.

19 hours ago, MK78 said:

Oh i passed by that one but there was no bus on scene (well there was a 116B parked in on its stop) so maybe it was that one? I saw no damage on it but maybe it was from the open side which was blocked from my view. The SUV had pretty good front end damage, it was still in the middle of the street. I'll try to rewind the scanner archive and see if I can hear the bus number from Transit Control.

Edit: It was 8927, on 116 Morningside route. Currently sitting at Hillcrest.

the bus got t boned as it was making a left turn from Guildwood Parkway.  

Please don't ask me how I got the photos.  All I have to say is I have internal sources.  

49897509_10155635773545633_6197778936458379264_n.jpg

50557951_10156075922921903_3946568040098824192_o.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yikes, maybe the operator was an amateur drifter :D.

At Kennedy station once during heavy rain several years ago, one bus I was on that was turning around where the 116 & 57 bays are,  the bus drifted almost into the wall. Must have been some oil or coolant on the ground. Had there been a bus parked near the wall it would have hit for sure.

9 hours ago, Shaun said:

Has the TTC considered using all weather tires on their buses rather than all season tires?

I know we live in an urban environment but it could help with traction when the temperature swings or on hills.

yes.  Management response: All weather tires won't make a difference on buses.  

People needs to learn to stop blowing through red lights at South Service roads.  I didn't take this photo.  

51182353_10156087979211903_4687512222929256448_o.jpg

13 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

yes.  Management response: All weather tires won't make a difference on buses.  

People needs to learn to stop blowing through red lights at South Service roads.  I didn't take this photo.  

51182353_10156087979211903_4687512222929256448_o.jpg

That happens all the time. I've almost been hit there about 5 or 6 times while turning on a green. Some of them were more then 5 seconds after light changes. ?‍♂️