Matt Demers

STM 39-XXX Delivery Watch / Sightings

On 11/30/2019 at 11:42 PM, En Transit said:

I was always curious how these new buses were delivered.. does anyone know? And how many do they send at a time?

Nova Bus contracts a private company of mostly retired transit drivers to deliver the buses. Depending on availability, I have seen 5 buses delivered at once, and have seen convois heading to Toronto with upwards of 10 buses.

Buses are driven for 95% of the deliveries unless customer asks for them to be shipped via train or boat (Porto Rico).

--

I wonder why SL is getting the last of the 39s. They were supposed to go to Anjou, but I know a lack of space was a problem because of the expansion of the garage.

On 12/2/2019 at 3:50 AM, MTL66 said:

I wonder why SL is getting the last of the 39s. They were supposed to go to Anjou, but I know a lack of space was a problem because of the expansion of the garage.

IIRC, Anjou is supposed to get 95 buses (unless that changed). They should have 39-040 to 39-135, leaving just 15 more hybrids out of the 150 hybrid bus orders for this year. Perhaps the last 15 hybrids are going to SL?

15 minutes ago, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

IIRC, Anjou is supposed to get 95 buses (unless that changed). They should have 39-040 to 39-135, leaving just 15 more hybrids out of the 150 hybrid bus orders for this year. Perhaps the last 15 hybrids are going to SL?

Remember that for next board period, SL will service both the 964 and 968 wich will require 30 to 50 buses. These 15 will really help!

• Like 1

I saw 39-148 on the 219 this evening.

1 hour ago, FelixINX said:

Remember that for next board period, SL will service both the 964 and 968 wich will require 30 to 50 buses. These 15 will really help!

SL also loses the 115, 171, 212, and 485 next year so that should free up a lot of space.

I saw 39-902 on the 36 today. As @MTL66 mentioned, it has the same specs as the 40-XXX (exterior): New destination sign at the front (bolder font); new run number font; route number sign positioned in the back at the top right corner; white colored url on the back window.

832155720_STM2019electricbusonthe36.thumb.JPG.1fde1c87b5ab48c6db7bd2ab39b7402b.JPG

• Like 5